Pee!!!!

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Can I get some thoughts on what is the best product to get the color AND smell out of pee stains.
I've given Pee be gone several chances and it just doesnt work for me, it hardly pulls any of the yellow out, it is ok on the smell though.

I've also tried Prochem with decent results on some and nothing on others.

I do like Stain zone on color, but the carpet has to be completely dry to apply it. I would like a prespray that works well if possible.

Any thoughts would be awesome.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Odorcide will work to get the smell out but the stain probably can't be removed with anything I'm aware of.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
40 Volume peroxide(be very very careful using this) in your pre-spray will work for color. I like using Prochems Odor Rescue for the odor, or Pro's Choice's OSR.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Judson's O2 system works very well on most synthetics for getting the yellow out IF the customer has not attempted anything first AND the urine is not over a year old. As for treating both stain and odor: If its color safe nylon/poly/olefin then follow these procedures:

Use a urine pretreatment from either Prochem, Matrix, ext that is on the acid side and make up a five gallon bucket or varying size to match the job size. use a 16-32 oz mixing cup to poor the urine premix on the spots and then flush out all the excess liquid and urine with a water claw.

Using heated water from the truckmount, mix up either ProChoice OSR per directions and saturate the area of contamination again (enough to let the product hit and penetrate but do not flood... expceilly on wood subfloors. ) After 30 minutes. water claw, flush and water claw again... then clean as normal. I'd say this removes 95% of the urine color issues on synthetic carpets between the OSR and Judson's O2.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
today I tried a few different methods, I am getting to where I won't use the OSR or pet zone products, I have tried the Judson quat product with not much luck either

sprayed all stains with 30 vol peroxide and ammonia for stain removal, flushed all areas with soap free and a water claw until I could no longer get any yellow out with the water claw

treated the bad spots with odorcide and water clawed again then placed a fan to dry the carpet

went to next job then came back, checked bad areas for smell and topical treated them with odorcide

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Steve,
I am just curious.
How much extra do you charge to make it worth your while to do two soaks, water clawing and a return visit. That sure is a lot of extra time.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
not enough, it was my choice to do this

just trying different things since the jobs were pretty close together
with one of those big water claws on a vortex, a couple of airpaths, seperate solution line to spray the carpet, it can go pretty quick

I really have a hard time waiting 30 minutes for a product to work, you can wait if you are cleaning the rest of the house but even after 30 minutes, I find that a lot of the products still don't work. Great expectations for a cleaner to take 30 minutes to work when the problem has been there for months and the customer has messed with it

it seems that it would still be cost effective to clean it out then give the customer a bottle of bac-out and a spray bottle :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom