out of businesses..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Very little but if ur paying the assistant anyway then less is made if not doing the job.
Why would I be paying them it they weren't working, salary? More is made by sticking to a good minimum.. If you just give it away that's what it's worth to the custy.

I also wouldn't set it up with nothing close so it isn't really a realistic scenerio. I would also count on many of those type jobs adding on or having more so e next time.

This is where the example goes astray. This is a very realistic scenario for an O/O, and not sure why you would think differently(we can't just send Pedro, or John,or D'Shawn that's cleaning in the area). We take it as it comes in when we are slow and will schedule all over the place just to keep working, and with that there should be a minimum... So, Mrs. P just had her kids bedroom painted and while everything is out of it she wants the carpet cleaned tomorrow(89.00 from now on).. So Mrs. P has off on Monday and wants her FR carpet cleaned first thing in the morning(89.00 from now on).. So Mrs. P has all the furniture out because she has new coming the day after tomorrow (89.00 from now on). I could go on all day...

I don't work for many people that don't have both working in the house(maybe that's the reason they can't be home all day) and that limits flexibility?

I can't really come up with a reason not to stick with a minimum and if they don't want to pay, don't go(. If I sit doing nothing that's just fine with me). If want to make money while I'm slow I'll recycle some brass quick connects
.:lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying...

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
A sears repair man plumber or electricion have a $50-$80 service call charge before they even lift a hand let alone do any work.The work they do is charged above and beyond the service call charges. So how pathetic is the standard pricing in this industry? REALY. I personally blame it on all the cheap ass splash and dashers and all the other dummies that think they have to follow their lead to get work. Very seldom do i get a customer that asks for a discount but when they do i simply tell them that we are not a budget cleaning service and suggest that they can go to kiiggii and find all kinds of steam cleaners that will do their job for a fraction of what we charge. i get 99%. I have an $80 min.and get very few of them jobs.(mostly from existing client that need a little somthing done in a hurry). I always look at these $80 min. jobs as a nessesary part of my job.I hate them $80 min.no money jobs.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We are no different this way and while we can send someone right away or soon, we don't get many same day requests. Again I find it odd that in the start of a sentence you say when slow you will take anything/anywhere and that thi is a reason to have a minimum. Did you think I have a problem with a minimum? If so that is incorrect, I assume everyone has one including us and it is up to you and anyone else to decide your/theirs.

steve_64

A sears repair man plumber or electricion have a $50-$80 service call charge before they even lift a hand let alone do any work..

when your plumbing is leaking or your electricity goes out you "HAVE" to have someone come out or do it yourself. its not a choice for most people. those guys also have more schooling in most cases. its a higher skill than cleaning carpets and has more risks involved.

steve_64

Damn! You guys give everything away...:icon_razz: Good on you for donating everything though!

the more i give the more i get. something ive learned from being around wealthy people is they believe in donating. you dont meet to many wealthy folks who are tight wads.

they may seem that way but people dont like doing business with tightwads just as you guys are complaining about. its also in the nature of life. hoarders, whether its money or ideas, dont go far in life. sharing is natures way of making sure life evolves and grows not becoming stagnant and murky. ok i dont want to get all philisophical here but it is more natural to share than to be greedy. besides its all just borrowed anyway.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
when your plumbing is leaking or your electricity goes out you "HAVE" to have someone come out or do it yourself. its not a choice for most people. those guys also have more schooling in most cases. its a higher skill than cleaning carpets and has more risks involved.

The only time they would be at risk is if they were uneducated in their trade. It is true that these tradesmen have the official schooling that a carpet cleaner may not have,but it should be reconized that many proffesional carpet cleaners regularally attent classes and are constinetly doing their own research. The investment we have in equipment compared to a plumber,electrician or sears repair man or even a maytag repairman brings us a level of value that is just not being reconized. Their are many times that a homeowner need a proffesional carpet cleaner to save themselves from things such as replacment cost of their carpet.Just one example would be animal piss.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good advice- don't leave ur house and play on Mikeysboard. That will pay a lot of bills :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

[video=youtube;kn481KcjvMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo[/video]

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We started in 2009 with a $1500 used Bane machine and a $2500 used van.
We grew over 100% the first 3 years and this year we are up over 50%. We bought out 2 dying one truck operations that give us about 70k gross.
We have been focused on measuring what we do and selling daily.
We have 2 residential trucks running every day and one full time night route with 2 techs.
We added wood floor cleaning this last year.
We also have doubled our oriental rug cleaning.
We use service monster to the max emails mailings tracking all our advertising
We have a solid tech packet for setting our customers up for future work
We sold the Bane after 1 year we have 2 new truck mounts and are ready for a 3rd.

I went to SFS in 2009 and simply implemented what they talked about.

Living things grow, growing things change. Business does not just come to you. You have to mount up on horseback and take the fight to them.

We have written goals and we evaluate monthly how we are doing at meeting them.

Mike we moved to a new facility. I lost the jail cell feel.

God has really blessed us.

Last edited:

steve_64

ever been zapped by 220? that schtuff hurts bad!

and appliance repair folks dont get much around here. they seem to be closer to our category. some try and charge more but a couple calls and its $50 a service call $75 tops.

Mikey P

Administrator
phone hasn't been ringing over here, and yes, I've dropped the marketing ball.
done about the same number of jobs but not as high a job average.
I've been working with another cleaner, work has been slow enough that I can help him on his work and still do my own without missing out.

I started doing more work without vacuuming (influenced by too many guys on here :winky: ) the trick was how to explain it. So I'm offering 3 levels of cleaning to meet people's budgets so that when they DO call I am not losing work. Work has picked up this past month. Economy must be better in Vancouver for Willy. Other cleaners have been slow over here, and some have been busy. It hasn't been price that has deterred work, people just haven't been calling. Its been the same for other industries as well here. I've heard the same story from guys in other busns.

Im very impressed Ron was willing to share with us that he has been skipping his bread and butter to actually fill the fridge...

Good for you Werner!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will say this looking over the years of posts about the negativity on my business model I have grown double figure with an unlisted number and watched my competition die. I am better cheaper and dry quicker

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've done ok the last / years were my best as a OO but that's cause I raised my rates got to first on google and a boat load of reviews no royal man status yet . But during the housing collapse I did a lot of reo's for realtors here 2 k a month helped a lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom