Orbot Vibe Wood Sanding

mascotts

Name
Sam Scott
Hello,

Am curious if any has any experience using the Orbot Vibe to sand a natural wood floor, using the 80-120 grit sand pads?

Am a bit worried about the amount of sand dust that may be create and subsequently moved around the room. any advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks

Name
Swani
Hello,

Am curious if any has any experience using the Orbot Vibe to sand a natural wood floor, using the 80-120 grit sand pads?

Am a bit worried about the amount of sand dust that may be create and subsequently moved around the room. any advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks
Do you follow Courtney Lee FB or YouTube? His channel used to be Truman Steemers but I think he created another page for hardwood.

mascotts

Name
Sam Scott
Thanks for you replies, not looking too promising then!

The Orbot website lists sanding as a function of the Vibe and the sanding pad attachments exsist so much have some use, just wondered if anyone here had used them and could share some advice?

I havent come across those Facebook pages, do they have example of this type of work?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for you replies, not looking too promising then!

The Orbot website lists sanding as a function of the Vibe and the sanding pad attachments exsist so much have some use, just wondered if anyone here had used them and could share some advice?

I havent come across those Facebook pages, do they have example of this type of work?
I've used the Orbot with a melamine pad to clean hardwoods but never done any sanding. I'm with Mike, you'd probably be better off with a square sander.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I would rent a box sander with vac port. easier in the corners and it's the right tool for the job.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I always thought it was Licking The Ass but I could be wrong

:eekk:

Yeah the job is for a sand, prime and satin

this your own home or something you're charging good money to do?

if the latter, by your question, you're over your head methinks
Sub a pro and be happy with 15-20% mark-up

..L.T.A.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m sure you could use the vibe to sand screen a floor. But personally, I wouldn’t want to use my brand spanking new machine for that. If sand screening, a 175 is good. It sounds to like you may need a drum sander and orbital edger.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I agree although they rent em to less than rookies all the time. But, I’m suggesting that sounds like the tools needed. I would rent an orbital square sander from HD, before I used the Vibe.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom