Orange pop on wool rug....

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
We (CD) have a chem called "Stain Out"....I think the stuff out there for all to use is called "Stain Magic"...I would try that...but without heat...just cold??? But that's a tough one...get waiver signed so you don't end up buying rug. Discoloration is a possibility :shock:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
royalkid said:
We (CD) have a chem called "Stain Out"....I think the stuff out there for all to use is called "Stain Magic"...I would try that...but without heat...just cold??? But that's a tough one...get waiver signed so you don't end up buying rug. Discoloration is a possibility :shock:

Don't think an oxydizer would do much on a synthetic dye stain. I'd try a reducer, like CTI Red for Wool, Cobb's Dye Stain Remover, etc..

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What is your experience with wool.. before trying to throw all the magic tricks at.. Have you tried to actually remove it first? If not, send it to a quality rug plant. ALOT of this stuff comes out with out any cutsie tricks that deteriates the wool or removes/bleeds the surrounding dyes. Also what has the customer already tried on it?

This one is easy. Don't use stain magic or any other oxidizer until you treat it with a dye-loc solution or you will bleach the rug. They make Stain Magic for Wool which is 3 part system or the dye loc and then the two part. I would use the Stain magic for wool and cover it with clear plastic and watch the stain disappear.

Back
Top Bottom