Opps, check and re check!!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Went to a rental repair this morning for an agent.

Looks like rust but was actually fruit left to rot under a bed and the stain won't budge at all.

Tenant went to get the offcuts while I got into it. He said he'd have to get it because they are shifting in and it was buried and took him a while to get it for me.

The stain.
IMG_3960.jpg

Ran to awl through.
IMG_3961.jpg

Cut out.
IMG_3962.jpg

When the donor arrived, it was blueish hues and only half the weight and so there was a marked difference in the two carpets. The agent had viewed and agreed to send me in :roll:

Put back together :wink:
IMG_3963.jpg

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If fact, for those of you striving for excellence in repair work, this is a classic example of acurate cutting of the original carpet. You never anticipate having to do this, and I'm waiting on the agent to come back to me to ok a 'shift a stain' plan and use the hallway cupboard carpet.

If she's ok with that, I'll go back, take out the old piece, cut out the same from the cupboard and swap them over.

John

Stevea

John,

What a great series to show, shows the real world sometimes, great display.

I guess one just never knows what may happen sometimes.

Thanks for sharing this.

SA

timlakeman

Thank Goodness for the KoolGlide. At least when you go back to this job, You'll be able to easily pull out the old and put in a new donor piece. Could you imagine doing the same job using old methods? :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom