opinions please

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
this building had a pipe break under the cement. someone cut out the carpet to do the plumbing work. somehow the cut out dissapeared and this is the end result.

297040722_1009223404_0.jpg

297040918_1009224085_0.jpg

297041176_1009225004_0.jpg

the pile is laid the wrong way, the pattern does not line up, and they cut across rows on the donor piece. there is some extra carpet that i can use for the donor.

My biggest concern is that it is cgd and I have never messed with cgd before.
Can you guys walk me through the steps you would take what do I use to glue it back down?
With the end result they already have, they will be happy with anything that looks better than it does now.
Thanks.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Good grief !

Do they have enough of the correct carpet to re-do the whole thing ?
You'd have to pull up the old carpet, scrap off any adhesive and start over.
Seal all 8 edges with Kool Guide glue sticks the get one edge lined up just right and trowel in your adhesive and work your way across.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
yes, there is enough carpet. I went into the building for something else and saw this. I just about crapped.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
CGD is not a strong point for me so I'm not going to pretend to offer sound advice :roll:

However, why don't you give them a few options?

Maybe a full quote to correct the whole thing as a starter... IF they raise the concern of what your repair looks like and will it be better, offer another price approx 1/3 of the first, as a minimum if they are not happy.

That 1/3 covers your bare basic costs so you're not loosing.

I did that recently on a CGD where I got it good enough that they were happy to pay the full rate.

I was re doing join and used the new DS KG tape.

Listen to Tony, I think he knows what he's talking about... at least that is the way it reads :lol:

John

Back
Top Bottom