ok leather guys..i got one for ya

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
picked this up from a customers house a few days ago. it is a custom made multi colored leather sofa that the cat puked on and the customer did not find the puke for a week or so..he really loves this sofa and would love to have it fixed. i have done nothing other than take some pics..he has no idea of what kind of leather it is other than it was not cheap..
i will answer questions the best i can and will call him if needed for answers although he will be pretty useless..

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

Roger Koh

These 4 products in sequences are for removing the protein based stains.

Only when the stain is satisfactory or unsatisfactorily removed will we then decide on the next move.

What do you think?

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System

d’Protein11.0™ pH value 11.0 is a protein based stain remover.
To: Remove blood, body-discharge, milk, cream, ice-cream, egg, meat juices, vomit, perspiration, urine, etc.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Bicast, Nubuck, Suede or Woolskin.
Identify: Inspect & remove all caked & surface deposit gently before application.
Instruction: Apply with drip, cotton swab or spray.
Extract & reapply using continuous gentle agitation until stain is removed.
Neutralize with acidifier2.0 or for urine decontamination use d’Urine2.2.
Use clean3.8 to clean remaining sticky residues.
Always follow by rinse3.0 to stabilize leather pH integrity & remove all residues until towel shows clean.

acidifier2.0™ pH value 2.0 is a strong leather acidifier.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Bicast, Nubuck, Suede or Woolskin.
To: Neutralize strong alkaline exposure that cause bleeds, marks, streaks, brightness, tackiness or sliminess.
From: Alkaline leather cleaners, hand soap, ammonia, bleach, lye, caustic soda, etc.
Instruction: Apply with brush, cotton swab or spray & agitate with leatherBrush1, nubuckBrush2 or suedeBrush3.
Let dwell 5 to 30 minutes depending on exposure severity.
Extract with dry absorbent towel.
Check by finger rubbing to reduce sliminess or tackiness while wet.
Follow by rinse3.0 to remove all foreign residues.

clean3.8™ pH value 3.8 is a leather safe aqueous general cleaner.
To: Penetrate, lubricate & suspense soiling safely & effectively through chemical reaction.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Bicast, Nubuck, Suede & all fabric except rayon or silk.
Caution: Identify, inspect, dry soil removal, bleeding test, wet-rub test before application.
Prep: preClean4.3, d’Grease4.9, d’Oil4.4 or d’Ink7.7 to remove extreme soil, grease or oil.
Instruction: Shake well, spray evenly & agitate with leatherBrush1, nubuckBrush2 or suedeBrush3.
Then extract suspended soil with dry absorbent towel.
Always follow by rinse3.0 until towel shows clean.
Routine Care: fatliquor5.0 helps soften leathers.
leatherScent’B, D, S or W helps enhance a non-stick tactile feel with a classic leather scent.
Restorative Care: relaxer3.3 helps hydrate stiff leathers prior to softening with fatliquor5.0.
oilEffect63 or waxEffect95 helps revive pull-up leathers.

rinse3.0™ pH value 3.0 is a leather safe aqueous mild acidifier rinse.
To: Neutralize harmful alkaline & perspiration residues; stabilize and strengthen leather pH chemistry integrity;
impart cationic (+) charges to the leather fibrillary structure.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Bicast, Nubuck, Suede & all fabric except rayon or silk.
Instruction: Shake well, spray evenly & agitate with leatherBrush1, nubuckBrush2 or suedeBrush3.
Then extract suspended soil with dry absorbent towel until towel shows clean.
Periodic-Care: Use fatliquor5.0 to soften and strengthen leathers.
Use leatherScent’B, D, S or W to enhance a non-stick tactile feel with a classic leather scent.
Restorative-Care: Use relaxer3.3 to hydrate stiff leathers prior to softening with fatliquor5.0.
Use oilEffect63 or waxEffect95 to revive pull-up leathers.

Roger Koh

For the purple colored leather it is semi-aniline leather - its semi-absorbent and the liquid has absorbed into the leather leaving the solid on the surface.

Using d’Protein11.0™ removing the solid from the surface has to be delicate using a bamboo skewers with a soften-up fiber tip is best to perform this delicate task without further damaging the color finish (otherwise is a color touch up job for sure - try to avoid removing the colors).

Next use the new crazy idea of soaking up, wrapping up process as according to instruction to penetrate, lubricate and dispersed penetrated stains.

Once the stain is gone while it is still moist fatliquor to soften and strengthen the leather further with fatliquor5.0™.

Follows with the non-stick buttery feel conditioner with the unforgettable classic that always makes customer smile.

Assuming the colors are all intact, if there is a yellowing effect due to oxidized oil then it can be corrected by d’Yellow6.7™ without spot coloring.

What do you think?

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System

relaxer3.3™ pH value 3.3 is a leather safe structure hydrating conditioner.
To: Hydrate cardboard stiffness or shrinkage due to ageing or heat over-exposure prior to fatliquor5.0.
Also helps in dispersing structure penetrated stains.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Nubuck, Suede or Woolskin.
Prep: Use d’Grease4.9 > clean3.8 > rinse3.0 prior to hydrating.
Instruction: Shake well; spray soak & agitate to penetrate into the leather structure.
Fastest access is by the reverse side if possible.
For severe stiffness or shrinkage, cover with tissue paper and wet thoroughly.
Then wrap first with towel follow by plastic to completely seal it.
Allow a minimum of 4 to 24 hours of controlled soaking until the leather is fully hydrated & relaxed or water stain dispersed.
Unwrap, extract and spray with fatliquor5.0 while the leather is moist.

fatliquor5.0™ pH value ±5.0 is a leather structure softening and strengthening conditioner.
To: Replenish the original fatliquor that diminishes through ageing &/or cleaning
For: Aniline, Pure Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Nubuck or Suede.
It’s effective softening qualities enhances the rip resistance tensile strength.
It relaxes coarse breaks, creases; provides drapes, suppleness and prevents cracking.
It helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance & prevent premature ageing.
Prep: Use relaxer3.3 to hydrate stiff leathers prior to fatliquoring.
Shake well, spray & brush evenly onto moistened surface.
Fastest access is by the reverse side if possible.
Stretching while rehydrated will improve creases & coarse break for light garment & gloves.
Natural slow drying is preferred for extra softness.
When dry, flexing or stretching it will get the leather as soft as you wish.
Use oilEffect63 or waxEffect95 to revive pull-up.
Complete with a choice of non-stick leatherScent’B, D, S or W feel conditioner.
Use oilEffect63 to help revive pull-up leathers.

d’Yellow6.7™ pH value 6.7 when mixed with 20 parts by weight with distilled water is a fluorescent whitening agent.
For: Aniline, Pure-Aniline, Semi-Aniline, Veg-Tan, Pigmented, Nubuck, Suede or Woolskin.
To: Remove yellow stains associated with prolonged hydrolyzes and oxidized oil or grease stains.
Instruction: Mix 1: 20 by weight with warm distilled water and shake until dissolved.
Apply evenly, agitate with appropriate brush, extract and let dry naturally.
Check for satisfaction when dry, repeat if necessary.

leatherScent’B™ is a non film-forming surface conditioner to enhance a soft natural buttery feel.
For: Aniline, Pigmented, Simulated or Oil Pull-Up Nubuck.
To: Impart an unforgettable classic leather scent
Provide a non-stick surface essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling.
Increase leather resistance to wet & dry rubs, thus reduce scuff or abrasion.
Reduce squeaks when leather rubs against leather during movement.
Caution: Identify, inspect & dry soil removal before application.
Instruction: Shake well, mist spray & spread evenly with a foam brush.
For easy care, just spray & wipe with absorbent towel.
Use nubuckBrush2 to groom oil pull-up Nubuck.
When dry, groom for a “finger writing effect”.
Periodic Care: Use fatliquor5.0 to help soften and strengthen leathers.
Restorative Care: Use relaxer3.3 to help hydrate stiff leathers prior to softening with fatliquor5.0

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
sounds good to me..is this something a first timer should tackle. i am cool with jumping in feet first and getting started if you are confident closely followed instruction will be ok.
can i buy everything i need from you..
if so what would my cost be?
also can you give me some guide line on charging the customer..
please dont forget the teaching fee..i really appreciate you taking the time and i am sure you have better things to do..education is priceless..
thanks dave

Roger Koh

sounds good to me..is this something a first timer should tackle.

It is always a first timer in every job as every job has its own priority and peculiar uniqueness.

Our job is to return the service request to its original characteristic, and not make a pariah out of every job we touch.

Realistically all jobs has to be taken into consideration of the “whole” holistically and not partially.

You may fail the system, but the system may not fail you!

You are the art that performs the skill; the system plays the part of science.

Every step has its logic and purpose.

Art is skill that is the proven practice and the system that you practice is science the proven fact.

Knowledge without practice is fruitless.

It is the practice that makes perfect.

i am cool with jumping in feet first and getting started if you are confident closely followed instruction will be ok.

I must have win your confidence already even before we start and surely I will not see you drown but working towards you buying better quality bait instead for a start.

can i buy everything i need from you..if so what would my cost be?

You have emails.

also can you give me some guide line on charging the customer..

Examples of charges:

Stains Removal:
1. Protein Surface Stain Removal:
d’Protein11.0™ > acidifier2.0™ > clean3.8™ > rinse3.0™.
2 hours @ $99 per hour $198

2. Cleaning 2 pieces cushion:
preClean4.3™ > clean3.8™ > rinse3.0™.
Per piece @ $50 x 2 $100

3. Protein Penetrated Stain Removal:
relaxer3.3™
Per piece @ $50 x 2 $100

4. Replenish Original fatliquor to soften and strengthen leathers:
fatliquor5.0™
Per piece @ $50 x 2 $100

5. Non-stick, buttery feel conditioning imparting the unforgettable classic leather scent.
leatherScent’B™
Per piece @ $25 x 2 $50

Give your discount (that match your confidence level that meet the depth of your customer's pocket) as you please, for me I quote to sell!

Educating your customer by providing product information may bring value to your quote too.

please dont forget the teaching fee..i really appreciate you taking the time and i am sure you have better things to do..education is priceless..

You can kindly put aside a percentage to surprise me if you wish, then we can go fishing in your dream yacht too!

thanks dave

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks for all the info..i will be placing my order and starting my project soon.
i will post lots of during the project pics.
dave

Andya

Hello Dave

An alternative approach.
We would thoroughly check leather type and finish with a 5 step ID system and we would probably (we don't believe it is possible to identify leather correctly without seeing and feeling it) then thoroughly clean with detergent cleaner, prep with alcohol cleaner, carefully touch out with the appropriate colour* blending in a required and then refinish, this process may entail doing the whole panel.
*We use the BRIT system, it is very intense and very thin which is able to colour surfaces with little or no loss to texture.

This doesn't look like a beginners job to me. Rogers system sounds wonderful and we would love a photographic record of your success if you have it. We have found that certain incidents casue permanent damage to leather appearances that then have to be restored rather then 'cleaned' and I am not usre how Rogers process is addressing that.

We still haven't found a tanner who believes a leather can be re fat liquored outside a tannery process.

jayjacques

Roger definitely has it down to a science. I've blend-dyed a few of these. Of course removing the stain is always better. Some of the milder ph spotters can work on leather if quickly rinsed and do not spray directly on. Test in an inconspicuous place. I wouldn't try any of that though if I didn't atleast have some clear topcoat on hand to restore an even sheen if needed.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am still waiting on the ok from the customer for pricing..he has been out of town, way too much money in his pocket to play with and having way too much fun..lucky bastard.
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
sorry..i ended up fining a really good local guy and he took all the color out of the seats and cleaned them..then re-colored them a solid color as close as
he could to the original color..the customer was really really happy...
thanks

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bugger !!!!!

We will never learn if we never try, thus learning a new skill and keeping more money in our pocket.

Ooroo,

:(

Back
Top Bottom