Ok Carpet Gawds...whats this one really worth?

Carpet Cleaning Van 1990 GMC - $7999

1990 GMC 1 Ton Van V8. Low miles on new motor & Tranny. Newly installed windshield, and freshly painted.
Butler Clutch Drive System. 4.0 Blower 100+ Gal. waste & fresh water tank.

Also included in this listing: Hose reel, Hose Rack, Hoses, Two wands, Two Hydra-Force sprayers, Pile Brush, Carpet Rake, Air Mover (blower), and all my soaps and Chemicals.

3k63mc3p25O45P75R398o4a5722b47e111daa.jpg

3n03o43l75O15Rb5S298o23eedf65495a145c.jpg

3n83p83o55Qd5P65S798odbb2ef0cfcea1abc.jpg

3kc3m73p95Q95S45Re98o347c5b95a74418d9.jpg

Since there are alot of "views"...but no comments... do I suppose that you all agree with the stated price?

Are there any issues concerning an older Butler system that I should know about? Is heat adequate? ...4.0 blower provide enough vacuum?

The package seems complete and ready to go and I am seriously considering it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thomas,

That is a very fair price...

i love the butler system....I had 4 old style G-vans...

If you take care of it....You can use it for 2 years & still get 5k for it.

Or even better keep-it for a back-up...solid machines...

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
for someone that wrote a heated post about why would anyone want a tm , you have been looking at quite a few. gettin tired of draggin the porty up aand down stairs I see

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It might be worth $5500. Also an in-line vac booster might be useful for the old Sutortbilt #4. Looks really nice.

Yes, I plead guilty to ignorance...don't get me wrong...I am making great money being a POG...but the busier I get... I see even more work getting away because I am too busy to do it...that... and because of the economy... there are a great many CCers going out of business or scaling back and there are some great deals on TM's to be had out there. I just didn't see the sense in investing $35,000 to $80,000 on "new" equipment before I had the work to go with the investment...still don't have that level of work ...yet. :wink: But a decent used TM might just be the springboard to that level.

BTW...thank you Harper and Kelly for your input...us new guys count on you vets for your insights... :)

Art Kelley said:
It might be worth $5500. Also an in-line vac booster might be useful for the old Sutortbilt #4. Looks really nice.

What kind of vac booster...make, model, price?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
juniorc82 said:
for someone that wrote a heated post about why would anyone want a tm , you have been looking at quite a few.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm WON'T be the first one to say

"WE TOLD YOU SO"

well...maybe I just did.... :p

no way in hell I'd pay $8 G's for that

Here's a thought...don't limit your search to just a "CCing van package"
Look at them as separate pieces.
IE..a good deal on just a van and a good deal on just a slide in

a slide-in isn't hard to install yourself with just "basic " mechanical aptitude

.L.T.A.

meAt said:
juniorc82 said:
for someone that wrote a heated post about why would anyone want a tm , you have been looking at quite a few.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm WON'T be the first one to say

"WE TOLD YOU SO"

well...maybe I just did.... :p

no way in hell I'd pay $8 G's for that

Here's a thought...don't limit your search to just a "CCing van package"
Look at them as separate pieces.
IE..a good deal on just a van and a good deal on just a slide in

a slide-in isn't hard to install yourself with just "basic " mechanical aptitude

.L.T.A.

And no one has a greater right than you to say it.... Larry .. :oops: Fortunately my ignorance isn't willful...

So what would you think the price should be?

Oh and since I have got you here...what do think a tricked out Mini-14 5.56mm... Stainless...not rancher....Hogue molded stock, tri-rail fore-end with "stiffener"...rifle lazer, Tac light, 3x-9x variable illuminated reticle scope...all mounts...2 "extra" barrels....20-30rd mags....10 steel, 10 plastic, and about 3000 rds of ammo would be worth.???

Always been a Big fan of the 2nd Amendment.... :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
depending on how new, the motor and trans cost mre than half that and the butler unit just runs and runs. Seems okay if body looks good. it will be a big step up from a portable. We have had well over 100 butlers and plan to keep getting them. I will have 4-7 reconditioned units available early next year.

T

The Magician

Try to purchase a newer van and check out Bawbs Steamie Genie. Discount for MB members??

Ken Snow said:
depending on how new, the motor and trans cost mre than half that and the butler unit just runs and runs. Seems okay if body looks good. it will be a big step up from a portable. We have had well over 100 butlers and plan to keep getting them. I will have 4-7 reconditioned units available early next year.

Hi Ken...what do you sell your reconditioned units for? Make, model, year, mileage..etc.
Actually I have been to Detriot...learned how to snow machine in Cadillac, MI and have Ice fished and got drunk with some success with the father of my 1st wife on Cadillac lake. Seems I remember "salt' on the roadways in MI...leading to rust problems in used vehicles more than a couple of years old....but it was 30 years ago.... :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilThomas said:

It's a 20 year old van, new motor or not, it's still 20 years old
I'm also biased, cause I'm not a fan of direct drive TMs.
Vans aren't made to go 50 MPH standing still.

You also get more bang for the buck with a slide-in
as i said, I'm biased, so I'm probably not the one to give advise on this, but I wouldn't pay more than $3500 for it

Oh and since I have got you here...what do think a tricked out Mini-14 5.56mm... Stainless...not rancher....Hogue molded stock, tri-rail fore-end with "stiffener"...rifle lazer, Tac light, 3x-9x variable illuminated reticle scope...all mounts...2 "extra" barrels....20-30rd mags....half steel half plastic, and about 3000 rds of ammo would be worth.???

the ammo.. factory new brass case .223 ammo is going for $337/1000rnd case right now in my 'hood.
BTW, Mini-14 isn't 5.56 NATO. it's .223. Most aren't aware they're not the same and think they're interchangeable .
5.56 NATO will go bang in the Mini, but you shouldn't shoot it and should only shoot .223

As far as the Ruger, the add-ons rarely add up to as much as they're worth when it comes to resale.
But stainless Mini's with tacticool stocks go for $650 on the cheap to $850 being the normal asking price for VG condition.
Scopes and tac light/lasers vary tremendously in price, so I couldn't even give a ball park idea

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey Thomas

We use GMC 1 Tons with Butler system 3's large 210 gal waste tanks and 120 gal fresh water. I don;t hhave the info on miles, hours yet as we will go over our list and decide which units to sell around the end of december. Generally if 5 years old they have 95-100+k miles and 3400-4000 hours and will sell in the range of 22-25k. They will be in suberb condition and be almost indiistinguishable from new.

Rust has not been an issue in the northern states for 10-15 years or more due to better steel and also we rustproof and line our units before the butler is installed.

Prob should take this off the bb or I'll get accused of selling without a permit. Feel free to contact me late December/early Jan if you are still interested. kensnow@originalhagopian.com or by phone at my direct dial 248 291-2121. Unots start being ready to ship or pick up around the end of January.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Larry it is more like 30 mph and I hear you with the bias thing. We had slide ins for years before we went to PTO's and I couldn't imagine going back.

Able 1

Name
Keith
meAt said:

..L.T.A.

Larry, what slide in are you running? I don't believe I ever read that...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I agree with others about possibly looking for a newer van. Motor and tranny may be new but what about all the other stuff. It would suck if you have to dump the van and install the butler in another one.

Either that or have them lend it to you for a week, should be enough time.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Able 1 said:
meAt said:

..L.T.A.

Larry, what slide in are you running? I don't believe I ever read that...

Steamway Legacy 2100, Kieth

a fire breathing monster

Been running one for over 13-14 years

We had slide ins for years before we went to PTO's and I couldn't imagine going back.

that's cause changing a water pump on a Chevy is easier than working on a Prochem slide-in back then.... :mrgreen:

..l.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Will someone Please go to TruckmountDeals.com and post UNIT #912..

This a MUCH BETTER DEAL on a Butler unit...."can probanly be bought for $7500.00

Thanks... :oops:

Warranty
4.7 blower
In great condition.....
Tennessee boys are usually honest...

meAt said:
DevilThomas said:

It's a 20 year old van, new motor or not, it's still 20 years old
I'm also biased, cause I'm not a fan of direct drive TMs.
Vans aren't made to go 50 MPH standing still.

as i said, I'm biased, so I'm probably not the one to give advise on this, but I wouldn't pay more than $3500 for it

Oh and since I have got you here...what do think a tricked out Mini-14 5.56mm... Stainless...not rancher....Hogue molded stock, tri-rail fore-end with "stiffener"...rifle lazer, Tac light, 3x-9x variable illuminated reticle scope...all mounts...2 "extra" barrels....20-30rd mags....half steel half plastic, and about 3000 rds of ammo would be worth.???

the ammo.. factory new brass case .223 ammo is going for $337/1000rnd case right now in my 'hood.
BTW, Mini-14 isn't 5.56 NATO. it's .223. Most aren't aware they're not the same and think they're interchangeable .
5.56 NATO will go bang in the Mini, but you shouldn't shoot it and should only shoot .223

As far as the Ruger, the add-ons rarely add up to as much as they're worth when it comes to resale.
But stainless Mini's with tacticool stocks go for $650 on the cheap to $850 being the normal asking price for VG condition.
Scopes and tac light/lasers vary tremendously in price, so I couldn't even give a ball park idea

..L.T.A.

Yes I mis-wrote...ammo is .223. 1000 US remanufacture, 2000 new.

I agree with your assessment...

HARPER said:
Will someone Please go to TruckmountDeals.com and post UNIT #912..

This a MUCH BETTER DEAL on a Butler unit...."can probanly be bought for $7500.00

Thanks... :oops:

Will go there straight-a-way....thanks...:)

Back
Top Bottom