Not a MOR Time Saving Machine, but what is it?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Have you seen one of these before?

FB_IMG_1523587693554.jpg
FB_IMG_1523587701848.jpg
FB_IMG_1523587716389.jpg
FB_IMG_1523587727198.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Merza. A very compact machine, which cleverly returns a rug to the front by feeding it under the machine. The drum was supposed to open the nap for better deep soil removal. I've only seen one that was in that condition.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
In 1949 Cecil Treadway heard about Arthur Moore building an automated rug washer in Elkhart Indiana. Mr. Treadway owned Boushelle’s Rug Cleaning in Chicago Illinois.

When Mr. Treadway visited Moore’s facility in Elkhart, he immediately wanted Arthur Moore to build him an automated rug washer too. Later in 1949 he did so and the rest is history. That was the beginning of the Moore operation that would explode into an international company, making it the number one rug washing equipment manufacturer in the world.

The 50's, 60's and 70's were explosive decades for the company. 100's of machines were put into operation worldwide.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The gray one looks like Guy Culbertson's...

30 years of heyday is about right for all of the machine makers.

Moore initially built scrub brush machines like the others, but when they introduced the Roll-A-Jet, (using compression rollers instead of brushes) it revolutionized the wash process. It didn't take long for Connersville and Merza to fold.

50 years later, it's still the high water mark for automated washers.

Reactions: Mikey P and Brian H

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The featured picture is a machine now for sale!

This is what Greg Turcotte says,

"Our Mirza rug washer is working fantastic. This is a terrific machine for rug washing. The downside is, that I own half of the MOR company (Moore Time Saving Equipment) with my partner Tom Monahan. I should own a MOR machine. So therefore, I am selling this unit so that I can have the best rug washing machine on the planet. If you have questions... about this unit, please feel free to send me an email. I do apologize in advance that I am not on Facebook as often as I should be. You can send me a PM, but it might take a bit for me to respond. This is a solid machine with all new electronics. New motors, safety switches, control panel etc. We installed new belts on all conveyor beds. I also had the air cylinders rebuilt. The rubber on the rollers is still good. We just painted the entire machine to keep all of the steel parts coated to prevent rust. I also replaced all of the jets on the front spray bar with new stainless steel jets. This can be used as a soap line if you so choose. On the output side there are several rows of flood jets for rinsing and even a line of jets to spray the backside of the rug. There is a lot to tell about this machine. We have been using it for a couple of months now and it has really improved our quality. You can reach me at Greg@CentrumForce.com and I will send you my phone number via email. Too many bandits on here looking for peoples contact info so I would rather not list my phone number. I can pass it along to you via email."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom