Not a fan of EDDM yet

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I was hoping EDDM would be like a successful "Hell Mary pass" that would help me win the super bowl of business, but seemed to fail.

Only got 1 job for 5000 sent! $280 job for a cost of about $1250!

How do I even know if the cards got mailed!?
I wonder if the mail man looked at the weight of the 5000 cards and said "fk that" I'm not lugging those and just tossed them in the trash.

The offer was a Joe Polish type without all the wording-- 1 room cleaned for free when pay for 2 rooms. a $65 value. Maybe the problem was the offer is good until October?

So do I try again but maybe with smaller number of cards mailed out each time? do I shorten the expiration time.. Do I have Chavez's graphic designer make the price and try again? do I mail to same routes? Or just give up?

or is a Yelp ad or deal better?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I doubt the mail carrier binned the mailers as that would be tampering with the mail and a federal felony.
They only carry enough for the block they are on anyway and those mail order clothing catalogs weigh a lot more than a flier.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
20170620_091132.jpg

Attachments

• 20170620_091124.jpg
    20170620_091124.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 214

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
5,000 - did that just reach one condominium full of people in San Fran? Place is to crowded, don't know how you do it!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
not too shabby..

but if it hit on a foggy day, you're fooked.

will trying again increase my success rate or just be money down the drain? Do I do same routes? Do I change the offer?

My one big FK up was that I didn't inform Super Agents about the discount card. a few callers asked about the discount and SA failed to respond correctly-- which was just to say--give the tech the discount card on cleaning day and he will deduct it from your bill.

The weather has been beautiful and hot but the phones are still slow... I'm being killed by too many low costs bozos.
I just added this phrase to my yelp page:
"Experience the joy and wisdom of paying more for carpet cleaning.
We invest thousands of dollars in education and upgraded equipment, and we pass the results on to you.
If you don't think education has a role in ones success then hire our competition."

I think high end and better educated callers will understand what I'm trying to say.

Its a shame we are losing business to bozos and price shoppers---- We have really have Saigerized/ upgraded our game recently with the addition of the 360iBH and other items.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
5,000 - did that just reach one condominium full of people in San Fran? Place is to crowded, don't know how you do it!

It went mostly to single family homes in the suburbs where I didn't have to hassle with the parking issues in SF.

I wish I had the wisdom and balls to start all over again in a beautiful and affordable place like Carson Valley. haha

Name
Bruce
What's the average sized house , how many bedrooms in those houses?

I tried all the Joe P stuff years ago , the 1 room free never worked for us , we beat it to death.

Then one day I started to look at the house sizes and how many rooms in the average house that I was cleaning.
I figured I could clean 3 rooms and 1 hallway , NO FURNITURE MOVING!!!! by anyone with in 1oo miles of their house for $99. When you're not moving furniture you're not cleaning a lot of carpet .
Don't let the $99 scare you , most of the time people will add on 1 or 2 rooms and add protectant and sometimes I only clean 2 rooms for $99 because they just didn't have another room or hallway for me to clean.

Now because of your area your $99 special might be $139 , I don't know your market but I'm sure there is double the money there in one square mile then there is in my entire town :-)

I should get off of my but and do a round of EDDM one of these days just to see how it would work for me.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The EDDMS I sent out were mostly to homes with 4 or 5 bedrooms with household incomes of 105k and up.

In SF many condos only have carpet in 1 or 2 rooms. But require a portable unit. Our minimum is $291.20 for these units. Might have to lower the price for these PIA jobs. We dread using the portable.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
You should have created a promo code for on and off line reference. More of a call to action I think. Just wondering.
I thought I did such a thing for my reminder cards. But corrected that flaw today.
I didn't want to promo code for the EDDMS because I only want to offer the deal to certain areas. I was afraid the code might be used by PIA condo homes.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Could it be that people are perceiving you as too expensive when they see one room is $65?

I, personally, don't think that's too expensive but why else are your recipients not jumping on your deal?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I would see what Chavez Graphic Artist would come up with. Maybe 2 or 3 versions so you can test. But what do I know. It's what I would do though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I usually hit that same drop 3 times with the same card each time. Some don't call for weeks, a few even months later.

The piece looks good. Maybe it was to artsy for the crowd? Maybe the wrong crowd for the offer??? Were those in the drop similar to your clients demographics?

Reactions: tres davis

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The piece looks good. Maybe it was to artsy for the crowd? Maybe the wrong crowd for the offer??? Were those in the drop similar to your clients demographics?
Yes, similar demographics.

Im wondering if the recent interest rate increase is causing a challenge for people with adjustable rate mortgages.

Maybe I'll try smaller mailings to same routes but spread out over more time.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom