Non slip application

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a request from a customer not only to clean some ceramic tiles but also to provide an anti slip product as well. I have seen some products in the hardware stores but wondering if anyone here provides that kind of service. Where do you get your product and how do you use it?

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a request from a customer not only to clean some ceramic tiles but also to provide an anti slip product as well. I have seen some products in the hardware stores but wondering if anyone here provides that kind of service. Where do you get your product and how do you use it?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've found several products. It seems they actually etch the tiles. They need to be mopped on then rinsed to stop the etching action. The other alternative seems to be to add grit to a clear sealer. Either one may change the appearance of the tile some what.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The etch is not visible..
No, but 2 of the products I have looked at caution about either darkening or lightening the tile. I think the customer is willing to take the risk. As it is now, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Slippery porcelain tiles right outside the lobby doors. Covered but rain blows in making it very slippery. Adjacent doors are glass and stainless steel. I gather this product has the ability to etch them too. Lots of masking to do.

Name
Jeff T
Years ago, I was living in Victoria. The concrete pad outside my front door was polished concrete.
As you are well aware, the west coast gets its fair share of rain, especially in the winter...
Anyway, the pad/walkway would get a layer of wet slime on it....
I used a add in product called Shark Grip. I used a clear base polyurethane, and added the Shark Grip, and never had a problem again.
Maybe worth looking into....

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Don't they make a tape that could be applied in strips?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
They do but not the look they're going for.
Yonks ago, 3M Safetywalk had it in clear, as well as the usual gray,black, white etc. Good product.
Otherwise we supplied good quality matting. Stipple backed tended to move less on smooth surfaces.
roro

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
@Cleanworks did you go with an etching product?

Just curious the results as got similar situation on a commercial place I've taken over

the 5 entranceway doormats take it in turns to disappear
Not yet, I am meeting this week to try to agree on a price. More complicated than I thought. After cleaning, have to mop product on, then neutralize with a baking soda application. Water will neutralize as well but takes longer.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom