New HM DriMaster vs SW Hydro-Kinetic vs ?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've been using a PMF internal-jet for the last few years. Want better dry times (on natural fibers, especially), and faster production, (both HM and SW claim no dry pass required).

Also, the PMF spray pattern is too narrow. I'll probably restrict it to carpet spotting jobs.

Anyone have experience with the newer uph tools? Which do you prefer, and why?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I sell both and I love the Drimaster(which I've used), haven't tried the Hydrokinetic but have heard great things about it. Both are great tools and you would be happy with either. The Hydro is a little more expensive but seems a little more heavy duty.

Walt

I've been using the same pmf internal jet for a couple of years. My buddy sold me his old HM drimaster for $150. After using it for about 3 months I accidently stepped on it and broke the aluminum tube where the valve goes into it. So I took it to the shop and dropped it off for repair but I couldn't get it back right away. I used the PMF on one sofa and then I bought a new drimaster. I don't think I could ever go back to the PMF. Ever. Literally the drimaster makes me a better cleaner.

Get it. You will wonder why you waited so long.

All that said I don't know a thing about the hydro.

T

The Magician

John La Rue said:
Why does the DriMaster have no trigger valve? Does it fill up the waste tank faster?
Better on your hands no squeezing the trigger. It has a contol valve that increases or decreases the water flow. Fast drying tool that really cleans. I could do a couch, losveseat and chair before filling my 100 gal tank.

Rex Tyus

John La Rue said:
Why does the DriMaster have no trigger valve? Does it fill up the waste tank faster?

Unless you have someone cleaning carpet at the same time you can turn the pressure down at the machine. That will reduce the amount of water being bypassed by the control regulator on the tool it self. When you do that is is actually rather efficient on water usage. Plus if you have a unit that is proned to bypass water it can actually reduce that problem as well since is constantly flowing solution.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
John La Rue said:
I've been using a PMF internal-jet for the last few years. Want better dry times (on natural fibers, especially), and faster production, (both HM and SW claim no dry pass required).

Also, the PMF spray pattern is too narrow. I'll probably restrict it to carpet spotting jobs.

Anyone have experience with the newer uph tools? Which do you prefer, and why?

Save your money. The PMF tool can be made into a continous flow DriMaster tool by taking out the guts from the trigger and putting in a 1/4' plug where the handle fits. Then adjust the water pressre so the spray pattern just makes it to the end of the tool with no overspray either by adjusting down at the machine or (as I did) putting on a shut-off valve that is adjusted to the perfect spray pattern and removing the adjuster handle so it won't change on the job. Even flow, consistent unvarying heat. It doesn't get better than this.

Walt

John, I agree that the spray pattern can really be tuned by setting the psi and vac to go better together. I also like your idea of taking the trigger off - it gives me cramps. (local guy here uses a rubberband to keep it always on). But with all that I don't see as being a good of a tool. Have you tried the Drimaster on a job? Just curious.

Name
R.J. Povio
Drymaster all the way.....cleaning furniture versus carpet sucks!!!! However this makes for a cleaner job, meaning no over spray, no wet clothing on your or your techs, drys way faster, and cleaning edges of furniture are easier and neater. I do not know about the other tool....i have demoed at shows but never used on on real life application. I would by the new updated version of the drymaster tool....seems heavier duty and wider for faster production.
The other tool for furniture on our trucks is a Prochem for back up...and that tool is very nice as well. Not as good as the dry master but would be my 2nd choice to the drymaster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom