Networking- You have to get involved.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I already posted this in the clean room. Thought it'd be good in here too...

Jeremy said:
Chamber Of Commerce Event... I helped oraganize & plan the event and even brought some seasonal decorations (a giant 70 lb pumpkin I grew). Anyway, the main draw was a Charity Auction that helps fund 2 educational programs for kids. I even had a helper & myself on hand early to help people get set up...

We generated just under $4k at the auction and a few hundred more in cover charge & raffles... Total was $5400 or so. I'm proud to say that the 4 gift certificates I donated gift certificates that generated $615.00 in support for the programs. I also bought a GC for a pizza party which will be great for my kids birthday party and a GC for a full body massage that I'm sure my wife will love... Any way total $785 in funds from my BDCC ass...

I also handed out about 90 bottles of spotter, a few hundred business cards & flyers and every booth space recieved a coupon for $50 off hard surface floor care or $75 of commercial carpet cleaning... We'll see if it pans out.. Even if it doesn't it's still a good program to support. I'd do it for free... but hey if you can make a dollar or two while you're at it.. Why not?

If you don't get much benefit from your local Chamber of Commerce perhaps you aren't actually investing enough (ANY) of your time. The work I get from chamber members has been the difference between failure & keeping the doors open... If you just pay your dues & call it good there is no ROI.

You have to utilize it for networking and promotional purposes. And by networking I mean solving problems for other people. Don't look at it like what's in it for me. The "How can I help you?" mind set is so much better & you get to feel good about it too.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been saying for a while

You have to give more than you get.

If you want to make $1000
You should get $2000 worth of work for someone else etc.

I totally agree.

I joined our local Chamber and BNI a couple of years ago. When I joined- I got involved. went to every function- became an ambassador and got on a committee. Our sales doubled. it is now the ONLY advertising we do. yes it takes time. but it is time that is well worth it. We get referrals not leads. Over 75% are ready to book because they were referred by someone.

It will only work to the degree that you work it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom