Name it..

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_20230315_184158.jpgIMG_20230315_184201.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Nate W.
I have one of those boat anchor, Chavez would rave about.. While it was better than a RV twin head because it doesn’t leave a gap in the center, it’s heavy as sh!t.. And mine didn’t have it where you could adjust the wheels to make it sit level.. I believe I have a set of glides for it too.. I only paid $400 for it, so I don’t feel too bad..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It used to be "a good thing" to make heavy, nearly indestructable, machines and tools.

I sometimes wonder about the arc of our industry and where it might be if manufacturers hadn't made portables that could more easily go up steps, lighter wands, glides....truck mounts period.

Prior to the 80's, carpet cleaners quit doing the work themselves and hired young guys because it was too much work for middle aged, let alone senior cleaners, to do alone.

Now we have guys in their 80s cleaning.

Maybe cleaners would have been forced to grow their businesses and hire people and it wouldn't be an owner- operater domnated industry, or maybe it would barely exist due to labor issues we face today.

We'll never know....but without owner/operators, MB wouldn't be here (with a nod to Bryan and Brian who add much here, with my thanks).

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It used to be "a good thing" to make heavy, nearly indestructable, machines and tools.

I sometimes wonder about the arc of our industry and where it might be if manufacturers hadn't made portables that could more easily go up steps, lighter wands, glides....truck mounts period.

Prior to the 80's, carpet cleaners quit doing the work themselves and hired young guys because it was too much work for middle aged, let alone senior cleaners, to do alone.

Now we have guys in their 80s cleaning.

Maybe cleaners would have been forced to grow their businesses and hire people and it wouldn't be an owner- operater domnated industry, or maybe it would barely exist due to labor issues we face today.

We'll never know....but without owner/operators, MB wouldn't be here (with a nod to Bryan and Brian who add much here, with my thanks).
Even though I have a lightweight portable, I turn down jobs that require me to haul it up stairs. I give them to a young guy I work with at times. He's 50.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I have one also. Used it for a year before I got hooked on RotoVacs. The twin head was much lighter and manuverable to operate. I have or had the OG 360 360i 360xl and the StairPro.
Somehow after The Y2000, I thought there would be more development by manufacturers to move our industry forward, but wand flailing doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
I have one also. Used it for a year before I got hooked on RotoVacs. The twin head was much lighter and manuverable to operate. I have or had the OG 360 360i 360xl and the StairPro.
Somehow after The Y2000, I thought there would be more development by manufacturers to move our industry forward, but wand flailing doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

Wanding if it needs to be dry quickly.. RE's down fall but a cleaner clean..

Mikey P

Administrator

and some chose to not clean filthy carpet...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom