My OEM hose is too weak for my everest...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So, I need to go back to SS braided hose:madder:. I'm addicted to the 250+ heat on this dirty carpet I clean, and having to recrimp it every 2 weeks isn't working.

So what's the next best thing when the tm is too hot for this nylon threaded hose?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Are the leaks happening at the QC that connects to your wand?
Maybe its because you are not laying down the wand in the "missionary position" as Ofer called it. :winky:

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL

We use these to re-crimp our lines. They work really well.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
is that the cobbs thermoplastic hose? was just about to order 200ft.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Continental/Goodyear. Just keep an eye on it, every couple of years cut back a foot off the wand end.
With that heat I would do it once a year at least. One of my old propane units used to be that hot. I would order my hose in 125 ft lengths so I could cut a foot off more often. Sometimes every 6 months. Goodyear Neptune 3000. High heat is addictive but you really don't need it at 250.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With that heat I would do it once a year at least. One of my old propane units used to be that hot. I would order my hose in 125 ft lengths so I could cut a foot off more often. Sometimes every 6 months. Goodyear Neptune 3000. High heat is addictive but you really don't need it at 250.
12flow shooting 250f if water is so awesome. My wand is moving faster, and my dry times are great because it’s closer to the evaporation point.

But I have to disagree with the Goodyear. Those are crap

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
12flow shooting 250f if water is so awesome. My wand is moving faster, and my dry times are great because it’s closer to the evaporation point.

But I have to disagree with the Goodyear. Those are crap
I had issues with Goodyear as well. Best available here. I loved the high heat. Pull the trigger and the old ladies jump with the noise. Can't see the carpet because of the steam. The dirt gets up and runs away, it's so scared. Then an end pops off and scalding steam and water is spraying everywhere.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The heat is addictive but unless everything you clean is trashed you don't need it every job.

I tried to get away from Goodyear but finally gave up. It's easier to work with and as long as you keep an eye on the wand end you're good. When its gets short buy another piece and use the other as your spare. Maybe every couple of years but a new 50 or 75 that goes in the home.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The heat is addictive but unless everything you clean is trashed you don't need it every job.

I tried to get away from Goodyear but finally gave up. It's easier to work with and as long as you keep an eye on the wand end you're good. When its gets short buy another piece and use the other as your spare. Maybe every couple of years but a new 50 or 75 that goes in the home.
I found the middle of the hose would last quite long, maybe 3 years. It's the ends that get replaced. As soon as it starts to get soft, cut and replace. To avoid black death, cool down your hose before Shutting off the truck mount.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I do. It’s just my main dilemma is how hot the hose gets and it’s so limp compared to those nylon hoses.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My Kubota 570 can put out 250 all day long. How much more did you waste to get your 250 than me? That is if thats all you bought the machine for.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the orange parflex, not the blue is a great hose... cant remember the exact model # but price went up a lot on it, near $3/ft

I have been wanting the cobbs thermoplastic cause others said it was great but we also run very high temps....

Reactions: Hack Attack

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I always try to get 160 ft as it will match 3 vacuum lengths and whip, also allow for cut backs.
Bought a 200 length last week for 1st time ever. Hoping it doesn't tangle.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom