Multi Truck Owners

Name
Bruce
Do you tell your tech's about Mikey's Board or other industry forums and if not why? Do you feel by not telling your techs about the industry boards you are denying Mikey of his internet retirement dreams ?

Mike , as far as I know we don't even get to chat with your tech (chimp , sorry Ken) on this board. Don't you let him on or is he just not interested? Can we put him on a HOT SEAT!! one night so we can find out what Mikey is really like.

I look forward to reading the replies

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Any of our people could find out about this forum and choose to join on their own time. 3 of my management team are on periodically as is our commercial cleaning salesperson. Our cleaners do not have computers at work for their use, nor would they have internet access need if they did. I personally am not sure of what value they would find here that would help our business, but I could sure think of some negative to us.

Ken

diamond brian

I never speak of this or any other forum. I want my techs to live in a black hole, as I did for many years.

I am their provider, their sage, and the very last word on any cc subject.

I use the search feature quite often to dazzle them with brilliance.

Like Ken said, lots of bad can happen if too much knowledge is placed into the wrong hands.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have found just myself with all the info get confused and even mis-led a bit. I think that at an "owner" level you are more responsible for your own actions and can take a chance here and there to see what works and what doesn't.
I don't believe I would tell my emps about the board but if they found out about it I wouldn't discourage. Although I would inform them of the pitfalls of this or any internet forum.

Mikey could be a damn phsycopath for all we know.
4 to the door? I mean...come on.

Scott

Mine see me in Cleanfax and at work.

That's enough Scott for them. LOL!

Seriously, I have told a couple about here but unlike we owners and a handful of managers/leaders who will certainly go places (Brian Hannah @ Hagopian, Steve H., and Gary - sorry if I'm forgetting others) most techs just don't care. They have their own lives to live and don't eat, sleep, and breathe cleaning and restoration like we do.

Just the way it is.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
i could see good and bad in that. Obviously it would be good for them to have access to the knowledge here. And it would be great for them to show interest in what they are doing. But I wonder if some would decide to just leave you, and go on thier own as soon as they think they know what they are doing. Especially afer chatting with o/o's on here.

The Preacher

some info on here should be used in a multiple truck ops weekly training session. marketing/toolbox/hard floor rooms come to mind.

why reinvent the wheel making up training material when you have months already on file here???

Rex Tyus

Danny Strickland said:
some info on here should be used in a multiple truck ops weekly training session. marketing/toolbox/hard floor rooms come to mind.

why reinvent the wheel making up training material when you have months already on file here???

I agree but some info should be completely ignored if not used as an illustration of what NOT to do. :mrgreen:

Name
Bruce
diamond brian said:
I never speak of this or any other forum. I want my techs to live in a black hole, as I did for many years.

I am their provider, their sage, and the very last word on any cc subject.

I use the search feature quite often to dazzle them with brilliance.

Like Ken said, lots of bad can happen if too much knowledge is placed into the wrong hands.
LMAO I like that Brian

Greenie

the ones that are gunning to go it alone, will. they will just go uneducated and make mistakes, the educated guy will at least know what he is worth and not cut your throat.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
"I never speak of this or any other forum. I want my techs to live in a black hole, as I did for many years."

PLeassse, and let's not teach our slaves to write either.

Do you think you can keep your employees ignorant of this business; and do you really want to. Do you believe those who wish to start their own business won't. I'd venture most on this board worked for another cleaning company at one time.

Everyone has the opportunity to move ahead. Some will succeed and some will fail. Why try to fight it. After 30 yrs of employing carpet cleaners I've found it best to speak openly and even encourage those who wish to go out on their own. I tell them to learn as much as possible and educate yourself. "Make yourself into the best cleaner you can with me and maybe you to can have your own gig someday." The only problem with reading this board is when helpers/employees are called "chimps" and spoken down to.

I've had about 12 guys over the years go into the carpet cleaning business and maybe one is still operating. Are they really going to hurt you? Any worry I've had was for nothing. Have you forgotten how difficult it is to be around the first 2-5 years?

Each potencial new cleaner that has left me goes with my blessing and a firm understanding that I will cut his nuts off if he so much as looks at one of our customers.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Each potential new cleaner that has left me goes with my blessing and a firm understanding that I will cut his nuts off if he so much as looks at one of our customers.

lol good one Joe

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Scott said:
They have their own lives to live and don't eat, sleep, and breathe cleaning and restoration like we do.

Just the way it is.

Scooter nailed it.
The Little Genies (Shane and Cody) know about the boards.
They don't have an interest though.
neither one is an "internet junkie" either.

Howver, It wouldn't bother me a bit if they frequented the boards.

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Joe Appleby said:
"I never speak of this or any other forum. I want my techs to live in a black hole, as I did for many years."
PLeassse, and let's not teach our slaves to write either.
Do you think you can keep your employees ignorant of this business; and do you really want to. Do you believe those who wish to start their own business won't. I'd venture most on this board worked for another cleaning company at one time.
Everyone has the opportunity to move ahead. Some will succeed and some will fail. Why try to fight it. After 30 yrs of employing carpet cleaners I've found it best to speak openly and even encourage those who wish to go out on their own. I tell them to learn as much as possible and educate yourself. "Make yourself into the best cleaner you can with me and maybe you to can have your own gig someday." The only problem with reading this board is when helpers/employees are called "chimps" and spoken down to.
I've had about 12 guys over the years go into the carpet cleaning business and maybe one is still operating. Are they really going to hurt you? Any worry I've had was for nothing. Have you forgotten how difficult it is to be around the first 2-5 years?
Each potencial new cleaner that has left me goes with my blessing and a firm understanding that I will cut his nuts off if he so much as looks at one of our customers.

Really. To be successful in this business as an O/O, it takes a rare magnificent Godlike person who is not only technically proficient, but is also physically gifted, business oriented, has a magnetic personality and can not only tolerate but celebrates all of the idiosyncrasies of the human condition. A large credit line or a lot of money for equipment and expenses is mandatory. Sometimes I feel I'm all alone. That's why I like coming here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom