MSG, the miracle carpet pre-spray booster.

Bob Foster

I tell you, go the the grocery store and get some. Add about 2 tablespoons full to you favorite prespray and watch the spots disappear right out of your carpet.

I use MSG in my junk presprays to boost them until I use them all up. Wow - what a difference!

Look at this before after picture

100_0263.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
MSG? you eating too much chinese foo!? Where I come from, MSG is the preservative used in cheap chinese food..

So what are you refering to Mr. Foster? :shock:

T

The Magician

That carpet should come really clean without any prespray.

Bjorn

bob forgot to say that the msg works great as a rinse

beats the daylights out of baby safe. No soap, procyon, and all the other sttp products

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
steve frasier said:
That carpet should come really clean without any prespray.

totally agree :shock:

carpet looks wet from the prespray and that is about it

I thought the same thing. Doesn't look like it did much to that entrance to the elevator.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i thought he was talking bout his own drawers, after using all that msg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Foster

I should have posted a picture of the carpet before the pre-spray.

This stuff works real good. I did one floor with MSG booster and one without and you could see the difference.

G

Sounds like a pipe dream to me; of course I could be wrong; But not likely!!! Another feebled attempt to break away from the 15 to 40 bucks a gallon prespays. Secret Sauce is MSG FREE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Fletch

People probably laughed at orange oil, baking soda, and peroxide when someone said that it worked! One of these days I may try it on a trashed carpet as a booster. Who knows, it may be another tool in the toolbox.

When CTI starts selling it as "food-grade" "green" booster under a fancy name, people would be astonished at what it is. Pipe-dream, or possible? I don't know. I suppose if it were not for the "Hacks," we would be still scrubbing with a brush and lye soap! Or even pressure washing rugs and agitang them with brooms!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
he was chowing down on some pork fried rice while mixing 5 gallons of prespray and sneezed a mouthful in the bucket and was too cheap to throw it away or too lazy to strain it.

Bob Foster

timnelson said:
Curious... how did you happen upon MSG as an additive?

I got talk talking with my dry cleaner and started comparing notes on a few things. He brought it up and jokingly said it was an "ancient Chinese secret". (he's Chinese). He uses it a lot on denser man-made fabrics. He gave me a scoop as he buys it in 5 gallon buckets from somewhere.

Sure enough the stuff works well on both olefin and nylon carpets.

You have to try it. I'm going to try it out on different things including in my portable.

Back
Top Bottom