MB and Cleaner's Giving Back is going BIG in 2017!

Mikey P

Administrator

I have arranged for those of us going to the Experience Show/Mikey's Fest in Florida to spend an extra day and clean not one but three! Ronald McDonald Houses in the St Petersburg area.
Combined we will will be cleaning over 10,000 feet of carpet, tile and vinyl flooring. All three buildings are within walking distance of each other so we'll set up a schedule so that onlookers and helpers and can be in the right place at the right time.

So far I have commitments from Excellent Supply, MasterBlend, Prochem, Zipper, Saiger's, Devastator Wands and Carpet Cleaner America/BrushPro

Joey Harper will be bringing his monster truck over to help out as well as Erik and his new Aerotech. Ken and Lisa Jordan have been a great help in setting this up and I'm sure can be counted on to show up as well.

The cleaning will take place on Thursday the 27th 2017, a day after the Experience ends. The Houses are 40 minutes from the Clearwater Beach Hilton so be prepared to carpool or rent a car.

There is no better way to give back through our industry then cleaning and learning along side super stars like Mark, Erik, Joey, Tom, Rick and the many more to surely join us!

We'll be sure to have a great time in downtown St Pete after the event to celebrate Cleaner's Giving Back...

If you would like to help in any way, equipment, cleaning solutions, man-power etc, please contact me ASAP.

See what you've created @Willy P !!!!

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
It's gonna be fun! For those of you who can join us, make sure to plan to for some time in downtown St Petersburg (locals call it the Burg) afterward. The Ronald McDonald houses are in downtown St Pete. And downtown's a great place to hang out.

Downtown St Pete borders Tampa Bay. It's beautiful! There are tons of cool restaurants and Craft beer places popping up all over! There's no end to the places you can go!

Here are a few of the local craft beer spots...

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Craft+Beer&find_loc=downtown,+st+petersburg

Here's a listing of places to eat downtown...

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_lo...3,RestaurantsGoodForGroups,GoodForMeal.dinner

So in addtion to cleaning for a great cause - it'll also be an opportunity to hang out in the Burg afterward! :winky:

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I would recommend 3 Daughters or Green Bench for Craft Beer. 3 Daughters has games. Green Bench has a side lawn to sit out on. Cycle Brewing makes some of the best beers around.

For food - the options are limitless. The Mill is popular. Red Mesa Cantina is great. Bavaro’s Pizza is excellent. Cerviche is a fun spot. Tryst is crowded - for good reason. Bella Brava is great. Sitting on the roof at the Birchwod is a winner too. Like I said, there are just tons of options!

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Close by https://www.ringling.org If you are bring family especially kids the Circus Museum is pretty cool...the entire place is worth it IMO. One of the finest fine art collections to be found anywhere.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
If you like modern/surreal art you may be interested in visiting the Dali museum downtown. It houses the world's largest Dali collection. And the building is artwork in itself. I'm not personally a huge Dali fan, but this museum is pretty incredible... http://thedali.org

I think there may be a few surrealists hanging out here. :shifty:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
These service projects are such a fantastic idea for so many reasons. Mel and I will try to make it.

Keep up the good work!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We're sometimes limping pretty hard after a lean Winter in IA. I run from steady restaurant work and water damage and it begins to show in the late Winter :hopeless:.

I look forward to getting together with everyone all year.

Is this the end of April?

Clearwater is no joke.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're sometimes limping pretty hard after a lean Winter in IA. I run from steady restaurant work and water damage and it begins to show in the late Winter :hopeless:.

I look forward to getting together with everyone all year.

Is this the end of April?

Clearwater is no joke.
Man quit passing on the Water Damage! :winky:

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Man quit passing on the Water Damage! :winky:
I ran into another lone wolf outside of Target today. This is the second time I've met him. He said he's got 5 dehu's and 20 or so fans. He told me to let him know if I needed anything.

I just can't be running out at all hours when I've got a full day of cleaning the next day.

I gotta keep my clean game strong!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

I have arranged for those of us going to the Experience Show/Mikey's Fest in Florida to spend an extra day and clean not one but three! Ronald McDonald Houses in the St Petersburg area.
Combined we will will be cleaning over 10,000 feet of carpet, tile and vinyl flooring. All three buildings are within walking distance of each other so we'll set up a schedule so that onlookers and helpers and can be in the right place at the right time.

So far I have commitments from Excellent Supply, MasterBlend, Prochem, Zipper, Saiger's, Devastator Wands and Carpet Cleaner America/BrushPro

Joey Harper will be bringing his monster truck over to help out as well as Erik and his new Aerotech. Ken and Lisa Jordan have been a great help in setting this up and I'm sure can be counted on to show up as well.

The cleaning will take place on Thursday the 27th 2017, a day after the Experience ends. The Houses are 40 minutes from the Clearwater Beach Hilton so be prepared to carpool or rent a car.

There is no better way to give back through our industry then cleaning and learning along side super stars like Mark, Erik, Joey, Tom, Rick and the many more to surely join us!

We'll be sure to have a great time in downtown St Pete after the event to celebrate Cleaner's Giving Back...

If you would like to help in any way, equipment, cleaning solutions, man-power etc, please contact me ASAP.

See what you've created @Willy P !!!!

Dang, Erik driving his new Aerotech down from Detroit to Florida?

Is that like a 18 hour trip?

I would love to come but will be expecting my second child a month or so earlier so won't be able to make it to this one.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nice! :headbang:

You're so busy working the Brenda will raise him for the most part right?

Yeah...that's probably a good thing!

One of you....is already one too many! :winky:

Congrats man! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom