Matrix Miracle

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought a case of this a month, or so, ago. I have now gone through half the case and have mixed reviews of it. I need to know if my experience with it is the same as others.

I haven't been able to try it on blood yet (thank God), but have used it on urine, tea and coffee a good bit. Tea and coffee seem to respond to it quite well, but urine stains just won't budge with it. It was primarily urine that I bought it for. I also have not found it to be all that great of a prespray booster, but it's a killer grout cleaner. (Hard to rinse off the tile though.)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
worked well on urine stains when I mixed it really really hot. Of course that was white carpet as well. I have no experience with OSR but it knocks out the smell very well too. However I see that alot of people seem to get a good foam action from it and havne't seen it foam up all that much. Havne't tried it for other applications yet though.

Fletch

Then, which is the best "OSR" version anyone has tried, and why? (I have not used any, but was going to try Matrix, but I am more open to trying what is the most effective).

tim

It depends on what you are wanting, remove odor, the stain or both. I have not used Miracle but I have used OSR and Petzone. OSR mixed with Hydracide/Odorcide and HOT water will kill the odors very well. It will also remove most feces and 50 to 60 percent of urine stains. What it doesnt remove, I use stain magic/40 vol. to remove another 30 percent. Sometimes the urine has done irreversable fiber damage and can only be improved, not removed.

Fletch

Thanks Tim,

I was thinking more along the lines of stain removal. What odor an oxidizer does not neutralize, one could follow up with their favrite odor neutralizer and deal with it. I was thinking that enzymes would possibly deal with the stains better than a plain OSR or one with Hydrocide. It seems to make sense, but as far as chemical formulas go, it does not always work out as being better in the real world.

Thanks for your advise!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Actually most enzymes work best for the odor with Urine.. digesting the bacteria that produces the smell when they bacteria feeds on the urine salts and organic waste matter. The oxidizer works the best at removing the organic dyes present in the urine.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I got a free jar from my supplier in st louis for a trial. I dont care for it at all. it clogged up the sprayer , didnt mix well,and after all the hassle the results were marginal

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We mix it in bucket and poor it on direct for urine spots, about a qart or so per spot. I don't like mixing percarb in the hydroforce directly anymore after cloggin up my up my draw hose. I premix it in a larger container and then add it to the powerforce container.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think the water in my V tank is heated to 190 degrees. I mix it in water straight from the tank. If foams like crazy. I poor it on using a flower watering can. Marginal results indeed.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am not in a big hurry to try the matrix version as the matrix line is hit and miss. I have used the prochem version (Odor Rescue). Prochems version seems to have alot more sodium precarb then OSR and I have seen minor color loss with it. OSR is great for pulling the salts left behind from urine and just okay for stains. If the stain is bad I would use peroxide rather then pushing my luck with precarb.

tim

mike, good to know about the color loss with prochem. I have had the same problem with Petzone, they said it had less fillers than OSR and had hydracide mixed in. I lost color on 2 out of 3 jobs, I put it away! OSR usually get the stain out for me. I mix it extremely hot and allow the full 30 to 45 minutes dwell time. I also mix hydracide and quatalot in before I pour it in to finish off the odor. Peroxide will generally finish off the stain. The liquid enzymes work well but require a return trip and keeping damp, as they are slower reacting and only work as long as they are damp. The best way to use liquid enzymes is to treat, cover and return the next day to clean. I do this when I can upon the advice of Mr. Warrington. As usual, he knows his stuff. Most customers want the shortcut so I just use the OSR mixture

Back
Top Bottom