Marketing tile cleaning to restaurants

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Does anyone have luck selling tile cleaning to restaurants? I am thinking about putting a marketing package together for restaurant tile cleaning and would like a few tips.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Your best bet is to cold call on these types of jobs. Eating there helps and then leave a card with the manager.
You then have to follow up. And then follow up again...get the picture?
They typically won't pay too much because they have a budget...unless a small and expensive place.

Read this book
The Ultimate Sales Machine
-Chet Holmes
Or
Book Yourself Solid
-Michael port

The second one is a harder read and I think I learned more from the first one...but you decide.

I would imagine they would look through the internet yellow pages to find someone when they need it but other than that, they just mop it and leave it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Talk to them in the morning before they open up.Then you are more likely to get their less interrupted time. Quick demo.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have a couple, cold call offer a free demo, if you get the demo burn the cleanest
spot you can in the most visible dirty area and offer them a huge discount on their carpet.
Charge a lot for the tile to make up for it, because you wont have much competition on the tile.
every time the manager sees that clean spot he will remember you. He might even ask the current
carpet cleaner to do it, more than likely he cant.

I have even went as far as doing the carpet free, if its not too much carpet
Also mornings are good.

G

I had some post cards for bridgepoint for tile cleaning and mailed
them to Subways, sent them out to 107 stores and now Im doing 19 of them!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Best bet is upsell existing clientel... Otherwise cold calling is the way to go.

G

Most of these are on the 3rd time go around!

The best thing is that I can do them in the morning not night time

Putting together a marketing plan for tile is a smart move. People are buying less and less carpet. But I would not target just restaurant people. This group is being bombarded by starving carpet cleaners everywhere. Now it seems to be all about the dollar. You paid How much? I will do it for less. Quality is less important to this market now. Times are changing? Some restaurant people, want it done cheap, want it done pretty good, don't want to pay much, it is all about the relationship you have with the client, if you can't bond with the restaurant owner/manager/supervisor you are sunk! Anybody that runs a truckmount, needs to be paid accordingly. Ron

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am working on a program that might work.
once I get it into place I will post it in this room...because all the other rooms suck. :wink:

It may not be a secret and it might not even be a big deal but I have not heard of anyone on here doing it.

Stay tuned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom