Lube your females

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
The female on my wand was dripping so I replaced the O-rings, then lubed them all up with white lithium grease. Sure makes a difference getting that male in!

Did that same technique work on that one chick?? :lol: :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
The female on my wand was dripping so I replaced the O-rings, then lubed them all up with white lithium grease. Sure makes a difference getting that male in!

I did that by getting a divorce. :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
What I am interested in learning is how you went about replacing the O-rings in the female? What tool did you use to get the old ones out, and did it require something different to get the new ones in? And ... where did you get the supplies/tools, etc.?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
admiralclean said:
What I am interested in learning is how you went about replacing the O-rings in the female? What tool did you use to get the old ones out, and did it require something different to get the new ones in? And ... where did you get the supplies/tools, etc.?

You can use something like a dental pic or just a needle. If replacing with new you don't have to worry about ruining the o ring. Just poke it with a needle and pull it out.
Put a little lube on the new o ring and slide it down into the groove with just about anything that is not sharp.
Any quick connect distributor can also get o rings for you.
I use to replace leaking ones but have more problems with the seals behind the ss shutoff so I just toss the leaking connect unless it is close to new and the o ring leaks for some apparent reason.

Bob Foster

admiralclean said:

All you need is a dental pick.

Left-handed dental pick
ldentalpic.jpg

Right-handed dental pick
dentalpic.jpg

Greenie

Anyone that stocks QDs, should have O-ring kits, I give them out for free when a guy ask, but I will say, most just buy new brass.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought a cheap set of o-ring picks at an autoparts supplier, looks very similar to the dental pick.
I bought the o-rings from a local hose supplier, bought some new qd's as well.
I picked the old ones out, took a bit of effort to get the new ones in, then put some lube in.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:

I used an Attorney.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian Robison said:
admiralclean said:

I used an Attorney.

Yeah, but in using an attorney, you get reamed out! Attorney's aren't bias, they screw everybody.

Talk about "creating" a niche market. The "legal" system can only be interpreted by someone that has been indoctrinated into that linguistic art. Need a lot of lube when lawyers get involved.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I used to use a dental pick and replace the O rings but now I just buy new quick connects.

And to clean them I use WD-40 as it gets the grit and dirt out.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I was dead serious about using vasoline.Work a bit on the balls with a Q-tip , it lasts a long time and is cheap like borscht.

Greenie

If you want to rinse out the dirt and grit with a solvent, use a cheap can of silicone spray, it won't hurt the o-rings, and lubes them.

What am I sayin'?
Just buy lots and lots and lots of QDs, we got bills too!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Before you select a random lubricant, you might want to see if the base oil of that grease or oil is compatible with the o-ring elastomer you are using.

http://www.colonialengineering.com/down ... CHEMIC.PDF

Or then again, you could select an actual o-ring lubricant which would not only put your mind at ease, you will find it holds fast to the o-ring and doesn't rinse out so fast.

Using you favorite lube-o-the-day keeps people who sell o-rings and replacement disconnects busier than they should.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Synco Superlube
Husky O-ring lubricant
Parker O-ring lube
Dow Corning 111

Most of these are no more expensive than Vaseline, and are one heluva lot more compatible and last longer on the ring.

That help?

Back
Top Bottom