Look at this premium fine fabric mofo

Mikey P

Administrator
Having COIT flashbacks today as I haven't touched a window fashion in 22 yrs

PXL_20220126_232700634.jpgPXL_20220126_233205306.jpg

Full of all kinds of dogs smears and a few pee pee marks and it all came out fantastic with pro-chem fine fabric and AFR
PXL_20220126_233320447.jpg

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have you cleaned those before?

We rarely wet cleaned draperies. Several reasons but mostly liability. They hang in the sun all day and rot.

We used a stainless steel tool with a perforated head to vaccum them. Then sprayed with OMS and after a short dwell, wiped with white terry cloth.

My main concern would be how they dry. Will they wrinkle, pucker and draw up? I would think you'll need to press pleats back in with a Jiffy dry steamer and hand Mitt.???

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you cleaned those before?

We rarely wet cleaned draperies. Several reasons but mostly liability. They hang in the sun all day and rot. jacquard weave with a liner, line was fine

We used a stainless steel tool with a perforated head to vaccum them. Then sprayed with OMS and after a short dwell, wiped with white terry cloth.

My main concern would be how they dry. Will they wrinkle, pucker and draw up? I would think you'll need to press pleats back in with a Jiffy dry steamer and hand Mitt.??? I tested...not my first drapery rodeo bro, and I only cleaned a foot or two from the bottom.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I learned to spot when my father ran a big laundry dry cleaning company. He spent several decades years in the business.

We grew up push each other in the laundry baskets around the plant waiting for my father to go home.
I worked for a few years for a guy who came out of the dry cleaning industry. He had a great knowledge of spotting and chemistry. I still use some dry cleaning products like pyratex, streetex and Picrin. Make my own semi-wet spotters mostly for implant use.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I worked for a few years for a guy who came out of the dry cleaning industry. He had a great knowledge of spotting and chemistry. I still use some dry cleaning products like pyratex, streetex and Picrin. Make my own semi-wet spotters mostly for implant use.
Yes used all of those for decades. Of course the Picrin will likely be the end of me. Too many decades breathing it before the found out it was a carcinogen.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
sectional and drapes $275 , done in one hour plus a referral for the neighbor.
Both a sectional, and drape set in an hr?

One man only?

Full clean?

Really?

That would take 2 of us 2.5-3 hrs….

I guess being a superstar has its benefits…

I obviously have a lot to learn

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Both a sectional, and drape set in an hr?

One man only?

Full clean?

Really?

That would take 2 of us 2.5-3 hrs….

I guess being a superstar has its benefits…

I obviously have a lot to learn
Me too and I thought I cleaned pretty fast but no way could I do them even in two hours.

I guess when you start to use OP for everything you develop an new idea of what clean is...or isn't. lol
😉

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom