Live From Vegas!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Any updates on the best stair tool ?

Didn't see a Saigerized tool or the one that was there didn't have a glide a real pita to use. Dang brought a swivel tool looked like a shortened version of the original devastator wand.

Tom's working on a holed glide for his wand, @Jim Martin got one and it just replaced his favorite 14 inch quad jet westpac.

Hopefully he'll be around to tell us more about how he likes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I have my doubts about powder coated Titanium but it sure is pretty now.
The Tom knock off swivle has some mechanical differences and is much looser, but no slop
Non adjusting jets
Braided hoses, that better not get roughed up our they will pop

20160910_222234.jpg
20160910_222359.jpg
20160910_222409.jpg

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Had a blast down here. Really nice to meet Mikey and a lot of other MB'rs in person. Shows were excellent, ton's of equipment to drool over. You have to keep a firm grip on your wallet, there are way too many "must haves" on display. Lot's of hands on try's of equipment. You can try all tools on a ss 370-an aerotech and everything inbetween. I am in Vegas till sunday and when I get home, I will be placing orders for even more stuff.
Now...whenever I read your posts its going to be in your awesome accent!! LOL!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I absolutely love Ron Marriot! What a great guy.....and his accent is adorable!
@Cleanworks you have always been one of my faves and it was such a pleasure to meet you!!!

Was he using that light Quebecois French accent? Ron's a good guy and really knows his stuff. I just hope he won't be too pissed off about that rave I had at his shop while he was away......:shifty:. It was only 120 people!

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have my doubts about powder coated Titanium but it sure is pretty now.
The Tom knock off swivle has some mechanical differences and is much looser, but no slop
Non adjusting jets
Braided hoses, that better not get roughed up our they will pop

View attachment 17908 View attachment 17909 View attachment 17910
There is no doubt in my mind that this will be better than what you had before, it is almost exactly like my first prototype but I did have issues with it, and went back to drawing board. This wand is with out a doubt going to get good reviews because it is at a price point that guys that normally use 300-600.00 wands make the jump to it. It is a good copy of the PC Ti so it is gonna outperform the wands they are use to, thus the good reviews.
I wanted to try and make a wand that the guys that bought the OG PC Ti, that were already at the high performance level, they already know what high performance is, and the only way to do that is to make something that performs even better.
The swivel is just a feature that makes the wand easier to operate, it has nothing to do with performance, rigid/swivel=mute performance was my goal. If I never sell a swivel, but sell rigid because of performance I would still be super pumped.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Was he using that light Quebecois French accent? Ron's a good guy and really knows his stuff. I just hope he won't be too pissed off about that rave I had at his shop while he was away......:shifty:. It was only 120 people!
Willy, I thought when I got back, the shop would be reorganized and my wash pit would be built and my new machine would be ready. Marek must have joined you at the rave.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Willy, I thought when I got back, the shop would be reorganized and my wash pit would be built and my new machine would be ready. Marek must have joined you at the rave.

Marek and I spent hours meticulously putting everything back exactly as you left it after the rave.
I did build you a wash pit in kit form, just add water. A bar of soap and a facecloth. You can wash your pits all day if you like.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
The swivel is just a feature that makes the wand easier to operate, it has nothing to do with performance, rigid/swivel=mute performance was my goal. If I never sell a swivel, but sell rigid because of performance I would still be super pumped.
Guys and gals who have used the swivel cannot go back though....It is too awesome of a feature on a wand now that it is out.
To be able to maneuver around awkwardly positioned furniture that cannot be moved, and odd shaped closets etc. without having to contort your body into gymnast style positions......you can't go wrong. Fortunately, you came up with such a well designed, durable swivel it actually has become an integral part of the performance in the eyes of the carpet cleaner, especially those who are not double jointed, contortionists! :clap:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I wanted to try and make a wand that the guys that bought the OG PC Ti, that were already at the high performance level, they already know what high performance is, and the only way to do that is to make something that performs even better.
It was good to see your quality wand in person Tom.
I liked the quick adjusting jet feature, and am interested in the air bypass directly to the glide. Any more comparisons compared to the non-bypass original glide ??

Reactions: TConway

Mikey P

Administrator
Speaking of swivel wands

I used the newest Cal Tools wand today.

waaaaay tooo loooose..

I was fighting it through out the job.

Also, the two set screws on the swivel were not lined up with the shaft correctly so one of the screws fell through. Once set back in, I could feel some air moving through the hole..

Tony said it was a show wand and did not have the O ring installed, so another "perfect" wand is on the way.

20160910_222409.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
It was good to see your quality wand in person Tom.
I liked the quick adjusting jet feature, and am interested in the air bypass directly to the glide. Any more comparisons compared to the non-bypass original glide ??
Larry,
This is what I have experienced with the VR Glide. On my PC Legend my dry times are a little longer with bypass holes 100% open not much but still longer, but the debris pick up is much better......We should have tried it on the cat lady carpet, I am bummed that I didn't think of it, I was to busy talking to guys and missed the chance.
When we hooked it to the VT the VR only dropped 1/2 " when they went and checked it between full open and full closed, 1/2" is not that much and then when you take into account how much more air is being injected back at the carpet fibers I bet the dry times, and debris pick up would be unreal, it still had crazy bite at full open.
Need a little more time testing but I think it is worth it

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Speaking of swivel wands

I used the newest Cal Tools wand today.

waaaaay tooo loooose..

I was fighting it through out the job.

Also, the two set screws on the swivel were not lined up with the shaft correctly so one of the screws fell through. Once set back in, I could feel some air moving through the hole..

Tony said it was a show wand and did not have the O ring installed, so another "perfect" wand is on the way.

View attachment 17955
Would you have given me this many chances Mikey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom