Lead, follow, or.... step aside?

Name
Jeff T
ive always been taught that in business, you grow, shrink, or ‘stay the course’(nice way of saying your NOT growing). I’m up 21% from last year, how about the rest of the flock?
Jeff @ SCC

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't have a problem staying steady year after year. Except for raising my prices, I think I've maxxed out what I can make. Keep in mind, I make the same as I did 5 years ago, but I don't work nearly as much or as hard. I will actually be up a bit this year because it has been a busy year.

steve_64

Numbers are not calculated yet but last year 20% for carpet. Expecting a smaller increase this year but really not sure.

Janitorial is up even more.

We broke 6 figures last year and think overall we will be up another 20% or more on all services.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We are down this year. Quite a bit. First year since I’ve been doing this we were down over previous year.

But, we know exactly why and where (thanks to awesome data we can pull from SM). Large commercial account has management transitions and all work was put on hold. Plus they may be moving buildings and don’t want to put more money into their current one until they decide what they are doing. A big referral source dried up and we haven’t gotten that replaced for 2017, but it looks like we do now for 2018.

And, for the first year we didn’t raise prices in 2017 because we are really already pushing it. Haven’t decided if we will raise for 2018 yet, we keep going back and forth.

In addition to what we can track, It’s been a tough year for us personally and my/our focus hasn’t been where it needed to be in terms of marketing and we can see that effect.

However, even tho we are down in terms of clients serviced/total invoices, our average invoice has increased. So the jobs are bigger.

We did significantly more in Fiber ProTector sales compared to years past (doubled sales this year). Our efforts in marketing specifically for that have paid off. I anticipate that to continue to grow in 2018. The profit margins on that are significantly better than cleaning so it makes sense put efforts to expand here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom