Key Takeaways, SFS Denver 2018

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Scott won a seat to SFS at the Mikey's Fest/Experience in Atlanta in 2016 and we hadn't had a chance to use it until last week. This class provided some much-needed guidance and insight into how we can improve our company. We have been transitioning over the last couple years from just Scott on the truck to having other people going out representing the brand he's spent 13 years building. It's been a very stressful time for him, for me, and for our full-time guy. (Our current part-time girl is 17 and in new boyfriend mode *eyeroll*)

Key takeaways:
1. Make it easier for the techs to do it right than do it wrong. When you're the O/O on the truck, you don't need processes and procedures written down so you can follow them; you just know what to do. Put the systems in place for the people who have to do the same thing the O/O does when the O/O is elsewhere. You can train them all you want to. If they don't have something to refer to, they're going to forget important things because they're not you.
2. Consistency in every customer interaction is key. Booties, door kit, block/tab, biz card, spotter, offer protector. Every. Single. Time.
3. Spend some decent money on good advertising materials. @ryankettering , you're on deck. We'll be in touch.
4. Scott and I are total personality type opposites. You can't get further apart on the spectrum than we are. I'm pretty sure I knew that.
5. All of our commercial jobs will probably need to be repriced using Chuck Violand's cost analysis spreadsheet. We haven't raised commercial prices in a long time and we need to reassess. Residential prices going up also.
6. JonDon has a very attractive company culture and Nick is the definition of a servant leader. What other company VP would be cleaning up used water glasses and dishes behind the students when there's hotel staff to do it?

This is barely the ********* on the tip of the iceberg. This class was five full days of non-stop great stuff. Some of it was reinforcing the people training I've had over the years in other jobs, but quite a bit of it was new or explained from a new perspective. It doesn't matter if you've been in business a few days, a few years, or a few decades. This is worth your time. Thanks to Bill, Chuck, and Steve!

F

FB7777

For Marty ...

IMG_0540.GIF

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom