Job average for the OO.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It depends on how you calculate the average. Do you just add up all of your revenue and divide it by the amount of jobs in a year or are you looking at separating residential from commercial?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Our commercial isn't worth separating.

I highly doubt most OOs is..
2 weeks ago, I did a commercial job for $2k, and tomorrow I'm doing one for $1k. My average residential is way lower than that, so I don't know if it should be included in the average invoice or not, because those big commercials are starting to get closer together

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2 weeks ago, I did a commercial job for $2k, and tomorrow I'm doing one for $1k. My average residential is way lower than that, so I don't know if it should be included in the average invoice or not, because those big commercials are starting to get closer together
For us, that is were the money is made. Being in one spot with 4-operators or a couple at two different projects.

We are actually going through a busy time for commercial work currently with school soon to start.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
My average is somewhere between peanuts and dry crackers.

Not bitter about it, but not boasting either.

Mebbe around $350-ish.

Name
Jeff T
I look at pet hr. average. I take the hrs in a day that I’m working,(travel, time between jobs,etc), and average what I gross in a day. That way, it’s easier to figure out ALL COST associated with doing business. I’m at around 225$....

Reactions: Askal

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Job average is meaningless unless you add to it how long that average job took and the drive time to & from.

And to make it really meaningful, you may want to average out cost of advertisement, maintenance and all other expenses etc.

In other words- how much of that does one actually get to keep.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Our goal is 100 per hr. That includes tm and truck maintenance. Driving time etc. Although we don't always make it. More like 85. Not spectacular but pays the bills.

Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

Hey big dumazz

You do ree O lize that job avg and jobs per day add up to avg per day week and month

I think Mikey is being provocative here as usual

Markets and volume factor in

The only thing that matters is if you have extra money and can put it to use for later so you don’t have to push a wand when you’re Marty’s age

Reactions: Desk Jockey

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
All data helps...whether it's by the job and per day, per month , per hour etc.

If ya working on avg 21.6667 day per month, you would need at least $80-$100 bucks per day to pay for the truck and TM and Chems.

@Mikey P

What's your daily average? What is you high and low months throughout the year?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The only thing that matters is if you have extra money

that's what I said

I think Mikey is being provocative here as usual

I donno
I figured it was more because of his job aves
Kind of like how he started a thread about no one needing a vac hose attachment on their uprights
BEFOR he starts a thread about his love affair with an Oryx ….

..L.T.A.

Name
Evets
Yeah, we have a 6 step process; Vacuum, prespray, rake (yes, a damn carpet rake) HWE, rake, get paid.. THAT'S IT!
CRB? Are you kidding me????

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Raking is a pain in the ass bro

Back to the $400

Every job is different. I have jobs ranging from $100-$2000. For the $100 jobs, I try to stay there no longer than 45m-1hr. I know that you’re thinking I need to raise my minimum to weed out the $100jobs. But keep in mind that the 2bedroom job just referred me to the big church that they attend that got me the $2000job

So what do I think about the average job being $400? I say just be EFFICIENT around the size of the job.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ask Joe McServiceMonster. He knows exactly what his customers average, so would have the most accurate answer to what people actually average. A few years ago the average job was around $240, if I recall correctly.

There was an argument to be made that a much higher average could create some negatives, a much lower average would mean there's no profit.

If we were average $400 per job we'd be doing 3 jobs a day.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
If I presented a residential customer with an estimate for $400 in my area it would have to include all furniture, tile, carpet, window washing and giving the dog a bath or I would quickly be shown the door. I rarely go over $275 on residential.

F

FB7777

It’s all relative Jim

Housing , COL and income factor into the regional job avg

Mass and California suck

Reactions: Jim Williams

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If I presented a residential customer with an estimate for $400 in my area it would have to include all furniture, tile, carpet, window washing and giving the dog a bath or I would quickly be shown the door. I rarely go over $275 on residential.

We chip it in:

lifebuzz-0522c90d0fa949486e25ee2f58703506-limit_2000.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I did $275 today Tomorrow should be a $600 day.

Picked up another PM company today due to the fire clean up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom