Janitorial bids

Name
Swani
We are looking at picking up a janitorial job. It's around 5,000 sq ft. And they would like it 2 times a week. We also need to supply certain products like soap, garbage bags and paper towels. We do a few others janitorial jobs but nothing this big. We have 3 employees that do our regular vacation home cleaning services that will be assigned to this job. I would like some help bidding if anyone has any experience. I appreciate any input you might have.

@Desk Jockey @Cleanworks @sOOper hero @FredC I tagged a few of you that I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction or know who I might talk with that could help.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We are looking at picking up a janitorial job. It's around 5,000 sq ft. And they would like it 2 times a week. We also need to supply certain products like soap, garbage bags and paper towels. We do a few others janitorial jobs but nothing this big. We have 3 employees that do our regular vacation home cleaning services that will be assigned to this job. I would like some help bidding if anyone has any experience. I appreciate any input you might have.

@Desk Jockey @Cleanworks @sOOper hero @FredC I tagged a few of you that I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction or know who I might talk with that could help.
I don't do any janitorial either. Aside from your supplies, you need to calculate how many hours on the job, how much per man hour your cost is, how much you need to make a profit. On large contracts don't be afraid to approach the person in charge of hiring you to ask what they were paying before, why they are changing their contractor, etc.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Ask them why they're changing providers?
If they say they're just seeing what else is out there I normally walk (price shoppers)

If they tell you their issues with current provider you can assess if you can realistically address it

I also ask up front what their budget is on larger contracts.

Business relationships are no different than any other, must be open communication and mutually beneficial

KSL

Name
Kent

Feel free to reach out to me at KLusnia@citybldgmaint.com

I’ll help any way I can, I’ve been at it over 45 years.
@Swani

F

FB7777

Honestly ?

’5000 sq ft’ doesn’t tell me anything

is it VCT , carpet, industrial space, cafeteria space?, they want everything wiped down each visit ? how many bathrooms etc

if you already have some accounts, then you can approximate how many hours it will take plus supplies

what do you want to make per hour and how bad do you want the account?

price HIGH! There’s nothing worse than have a toilet scrubbing account that is a problem

if you under bid or they suck as a customer , ditch their ass and move on

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don’t want to be Debby Downer, but 5k is small. Two days a week are a pain simply because you will be cleaning 5 day dirt for 2 day money, or that’s their expectation. Price each day like you would a 5k house. And to hell with supplying supplies. That is a pita! I know I’m in a position to be picky, but I’ve been there multiple multiple times. Best to you.

scotty747

I just gave notice to my last janitorial account. Great account, quiet and peaceful, but I want to spend time on my property without having to get back to scrub a toilet. 40.00 an hour is average here in seattle tacoma area. Some accounts are trash and dash, some want detailed cleaning. Know what they want before you give em a price.

Name
Swani
Thank you everyone for your input. I really appreciate it. As usual I didn't give enough details. They aren't changing companies it's going to be a brand new facility. It will be some carpet and some VCT. The VCT will also need to be stripped and waxed at least twice a year. I would like to bid that separately and by the sq. ft.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It’s hard to make a 2 day per week profitable with employees unless you have something near it. It’s one thing for owner/op. I do have one church complex with two per week, but I combine it with another large complex.

I really am Negative Nelly

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Yea I never supply goods. We had a Shaw plant running three shifts and 9 restrooms and they wanted us to carry everything for 90days plus 5mil/10mil and we were to have someone onsite all day everyday. The what they were willing to pay would’ve netted us hardly anything. I said nope no wonder you guys have lousy service.

we actually gave away our last two accounts this month to our cleaner. So she got a nice bump in pay and I can focus on other areas of our business.

about ready to hand off our commercial window division to my father in law also.

it’s nice having weekly or monthly acts but that sometimes limits us when we want to do something else.

employees also determine what we charge we had to charge extra for pig employees. Some ladies had clothes chucked under their desks along with drive thru bags, one office looked like a daycare cuz she brought her toddler to work. Others dogs and then the break area would have dishes stacked.

so once we charged the boss cracked down on them and we still left the fee on.

Reactions: Living The Dream

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
We had a Shaw plant running three shifts and 9 restrooms and they wanted us to carry everything for 90days plus 5mil/10mil and we were to have someone onsite all day everyday. The what they were willing to pay would’ve netted us hardly anything. I said nope no wonder you guys have lousy service.
I turn all those down. I dont do porter service either unless they want to pay pay my minimum cost per visit. And they better have their own janitor closet and vacuum.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I also turned down school in my system for the same reasons. I also turned down a high school
for spraying 5 days a week for the same reason.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I turn all those down. I dont do porter service either unless they want to pay pay my minimum cost per visit. And they better have their own janitor closet and vacuum.
I will and do day maid in my locations. But I’m paying them minimum of $15 hr. So my cost is close to $30. But we provide 2-3 hr minimum for a lunch duty person.

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom