Is there a secret formula....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Sprinkle kitty litter liberally over the spill. Grind in with your boot. Dwell time is variable, depending on how deep oil has penetrated into concrete.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Bob Foster

Get some Gosh from Les and put it on and let it dwell and hose or power wash it off. Real good stuff and also an excellent engine degreaser.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
fix the oil leak on your van. you don't want to go around spotting up peoples driveways! :lol:

Greenie

I've done a fair amount of concrete cleaning, all of the above will work, even the coke..lol but be preparred to clean it more than once, for some reason everyone wants a silver bullet, but that oil didn't penetrate over night, it won't come out overnight.

Actually the straight O2 I've not yet used, will have to, to see how quickly and thoroughly it works.

Doug D said:
fix the oil leak on your van. you don't want to go around spotting up peoples driveways! :lol:

It was worse that a leaky van!!! Some DA did an oil change on his TM and forgot to replace the oil cap :oops: :shock: Luckily I caught it after cleaning one chair so I didn't lose enough oil to harm the TM, but lost enough to leak onto custy's drive. Not sure where my head was during the oil change, but it wasn't where it shoulda been.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try the straight 02 and let you know how it worked for me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not a concrete dude, but g'luck getting 100% of it out if it's a clean, unblemished 'crete drive.

I heard a tip once from a knowledgeable dude , don't know how well it works though.

after you've done the oil-dry, degreaser, and pressure wash.., for the remaining bit of stain left, make a wet paste of Comet cleanser.
Spread it on the spot, put a soaking wet towel over it to keep it wet over night in an attempt to bleach it out.

Rinse the next day.

as noted, I only "heard" of this for oil stains on concrete.
I have no experience with how the Comet effects unblemished concrete.

I know the Comet paste and wet towel trick KICKS AZZ on stained porcelain tubs and sinks.
Comet, accept no substitutes...Ajax doesn't work near as well

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

go to a pool supply place and get some DE (diatamatious earth) powder. apply it and cover with something heavy so it will absorb. clean it with degreaser and repeat with DE!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Aaron Richards said:
[quote="Doug D":3v2rkunb]fix the oil leak on your van. you don't want to go around spotting up peoples driveways! :lol:

It was worse that a leaky van!!! Some DA did an oil change on his TM and forgot to replace the oil cap :oops: :shock: Luckily I caught it after cleaning one chair so I didn't lose enough oil to harm the TM, but lost enough to leak onto custy's drive. Not sure where my head was during the oil change, but it wasn't where it shoulda been.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try the straight 02 and let you know how it worked for me.[/quote:3v2rkunb]

It happens!! Just razzing you is all!! :lol:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
John La Rue said:
Sprinkle kitty litter liberally over the spill. Grind in with your boot. Dwell time is variable, depending on how deep oil has penetrated into concrete.

Kitty Litter works but first pour mineral spirits onto the oil spot then follow with the Kitty Litter, let sit 12 hours, shovel off, spray degreaser, rinse, repeat if necessary.

steve r

kitty litter or oil dry and grind it in with your foot until stain is gone.ive never had one come back but whichever you use it should be like dust when your done and you shouldnt be able to see where the spot was.

cbcsi

8) Kitty litter is really good for an oil spot on concrete. mash it with your foot and sweep up excess. then sprinkle a little bit on and grind it in with your boot. when you sweep the dust away the oil spot is gone. If not repeat

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Pour and Restore...Got the tip from Al Spaet who started off in the surface business with pressure washing garages.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've got an idea. Why not try kitty litter?

By the way, comet is great for cleaning windshields also. Just rinse alot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom