Improved CRB Dolly

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, maybe not improved as much as improvised. I bought this dolly today at O'Reilly's auto parts. The stock Dolly made of the blown plastic that comes with the CRB's is fertilizer. My wheels fell off long ago, leaving only the tray. My son has a hard time carrying the CRB. The dolly is going to work out terrific.

BTW, anyone seeing the pricing wars on CRB's lately? 15" Monster CRB's are selling for $1,599 while the new Mytee 17" belt drive is selling for $1,699. Should be interesting to watch the battle. Are they both China crap? The pricing for these things is all over the damn map. Who carries the Brush Pro line and what are the other names Brush Pro is sold under? The China and Austrian CRB's looks the same to me and when shopping around, how does the buyer know they are getting the better one? When I bought mine I had no clue of knock-offs or quality issues. I can say my China machine has lasted me 6 years and is still going. The only reason my gear stripped out is because somehow it sucked up a screw into the gears. I'll probably get another 6 years out of it. So, did I buy mine before the quality went to shit? Guess I got lucky. My next one will probably be a Brush Pro, but the pricing of the Mytee and the belt drive has my attention. A belt drive seems to work well for Cimex. Just like the Upholstery tool Mytee came out with, I don't want to be one of the first users until I know the bugs are worked out.

Anyway, I like my new dolly and so does Devon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom