If you only had one spotter

Able 1

Name
Keith
What would it be?

I would have to say mine would be power gel from pro's choice.

Rex Tyus

That is like choosing between air and water. You can last longer with air BUT YOUR STILL GONNA DIE. :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pro's choice d'lime gels don't rinse worth two dead flies

I s'pose I could hack along with just 2 spotters if forced, but not just one.

have to have a quality citrus gel AND a rust remover

currently we're using BP's GumGel

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
If I had to pick one, it would be helgel from vacaway. People around here have been conditioned to think that rust and koolaide stains are always permanent. :roll:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm just saying!

Rust remover is only good for one thing right?

i'm talking all around spotter.

i would choose air, you could last at least a week w/o water so choose

TimP

I like Judson O2 as a spotter myself. Does really well with gum and grease. I like it better than a citrus gel especially at the price. Bridgepoint avenge is a good all around basic spotter, and you should also carry a good vds solvent also IMO.

I like Vacaway's rust remover. It's pretty much a no aggitation required spotter for rust...pour dwell and rinse. But I wouldn't be able to pick just 1 or 2. It's kinda like working without all the tools, it just takes longer without tools and in this case you end up doing hack work. I really need to find a good paint remover. I have bridgepoint PIG but it doesn't do all that great. The vacaway product didn't impress me either, nor chemspec so I'm still in search....maybe it's because of some regulations I read in another thread.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Able 1 said:
I'm just saying!

ALL RIGHT ALREADY :lol: :lol:

citrus gel

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Able 1 said:
I'm just saying!

Ok then. My general spotter would be a citra solve mixed with alchohol. So there.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Able 1;

I would want a spotter product containing an oxidizer with a compatible actual enzyme.

The prespray should be able to take care of normal soil and light grease if it has a good solvent included.

The oxidizer/enzyme would take care of many stains that did not respond to the prespray.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
what's that one called, and who makes it
Larry Cobb said:
Able 1;

I would want a spotter product containing an oxidizer with a compatible actual enzyme.

The prespray should be able to take care of normal soil and light grease if it has a good solvent included.

The oxidizer/enzyme would take care of many stains that did not respond to the prespray.

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Able 1;

Odor Attack is the name of our product.

It was originally designed for pet urine spotting,,,

but the combination works very well on coffee, tea, cokes and other stains.

Larry

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Renovate mixed 1:20 is the bomb (Hope Jose isn't listening). It works great on protein, will take out 100% of some rust spots and will loosen up latex paint.

Citrus or Renovate take out 75% of the spots I come across.

Name
Ron lippold
straight out of the bottle I pulled some out during one of Shermans spotting classes and everyone wanted some. Sherman said what is it and I told leche de tigre he said he never heard of it, I would not tell him what it was.

tim

Fels Naptha is a good choice. May be cheating here but, since I use a citrus and oxy as a boost for presprays in tough situations, I would have both of those covered so maybe a reducer. Just finished Jeff Cross' Spot Seminar. Did not have my spot kit and most of my favorites. We were forced to take out everything from mustand to ink off a carpet sample that had been soiled 2 months prior and no info on what the spots were. It reminded me that almost anything can be removed with a citrus solvent, oxidizer or a reducer. It was a little more work, but very doable. I do very little spotting as a great prespray, boosted if need, will take out most spots without dropping to a knee

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Tim,
what else is there. doesnt that cover all of the types of stain removers?

tim

no, there are alkaline and acide spotters, rust removers, products geared for protein stains, enzymes, rust removers, filtration soil, pogs...all different spotters formulated with a variety of PH's, surfactants, solvents, etc... to accomplish a specific result. Take Fels Naptha for example. Dial doesnt say exactly what is in it, but it removes filtration soil when nothing else in the spot kit can touch it, including cyclone. Although spots can be removed with 3 products, it is quicker and easier to use products more specifically designed for that particular soil type

tim

I bought a case online, made by dial. Beat driving around all over town, it is cheap, shipping not bad

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
C Pennington said:
Citrus gel

never tried fels naptha..Odin told me about a long time ago where do u get it?..was it walmart,what section?

I've seen it at the Publix on 23rd St. It's been a while but maybe they still carry it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom