If the custys don't care...

-JB-

Name
JB
why do you?

Had a custy the other day chose the "no vacuum" package I offer, supposedly, they did it, :roll: before I got there. I could see they did run the vac in the center, but missed the 1/2in. of cat fur built up on the 2ft. outer perimeter of the rooms and the steps as well.

Got me thinkin though, yeah, its a PITA dealing w/all the fur all over, the hoses, waste tank, rakes, whatever, but, nonetheless, if they don't care if there is fur left when I'm done, why should I/we?

Not like the cats are going anywhere anytime soon.

What's your thoughts?

This thread is awaiting hi-jacking.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If there is pet hair left on the carpet after you are done you are a hack and they will care. And you don't need a vacuum cleaner to remove it; just a brush and your vacuum cuff.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Just my preference - charge more, don't give people a choice, do the vacuuming. The average person cannot, contrary to popular opinion, vacuum their way out of a wet paper bag.

-JB-

Name
JB
Tru dat Jeff.

Yeah, the rake gets it fine, just got me thinkin, if they don't give a sh!t, if we vac, why do we?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Think about it this way: How many people have shown them how to vacuum their carpets? Probably few and far between so they are vacuuming what they think is sufficient. If we vacuum correctly and clean the areas they may miss. Then our customers may start to notice how after we left their was no fur or dirt in the corner but when they go to vacuum the dirt is back. It may be stretching it but with most customers I think cleaning correclty can and in the case of our customers, does alter their perception about quality of cleaning and as a result we have seen a significant improvement in quality of life.

I know I take the time to educate my customers on things they may not know about or techniques to help them maintain their floors better and I have yet to run into a customer who did not want "free" advice. (of course the key is to get them to ask about it too.

So what if the customer doesn't care... maybe they will when they see a difference.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB said:
Got me thinkin though, yeah, its a PITA dealing w/all the fur all over, the hoses, waste tank, rakes, whatever, but, nonetheless, if they don't care if there is fur left when I'm done, why should I/we?

What's your thoughts?

my thoughts?

I don't know that I'd ne all "Ron Werner" about it ...BUT...

you suck the stuff up...no biggie to cuff it
(maybe it's a PITA with a S-Demon??..I donno)

even though you charged less, presumably you still made your target profit goal cause you don't have time in vaccing..
and regardless..sometimes you eat bear, something the bear eats you

suck up the hair, clean the carpet and she's tickled.
Leave it there and you'll be a goat...guaranteed

Now that I gave the definitive answer, can we move on to the thread-jack

cause I know it annoys you :evil:

..L.T.A.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
How do you know they won't care after they write the check? How do you know the neighbor who popped in to see what kind of job you did won't care.

Your work speaks for you long after you're gone......even if they were supposed to do it.

And, like Thang said, it's your job.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
don't understand how guys out there either don't pre-vac or "charge" extra for it....it's carpet cleaning 101. 70% of what we're trying to get out of their carpet is dry...why risk them doing a shitty job and making it harder to clean (wet soil...after pre-treat/during cleaning is harder to extract than dry)...and those who skip this basic step are the true hacks of this industry. Seriously, it takes 10-15 minutes and your custy's WILL notice...I have been told too many times to count, "wow, you vacuum, the last company never vacuumed, thanx" or ,"you're the first carpet cleaning company that vacuums first, that's great"....it makes a difference and sets the hacks apart from the quality cleaners.

gary mackay

because while your sweating your ass off & you have the airpaths running that cat hair starts sticking to your eyes, your face and the back of your neck, I'd rather vacuum that crap up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom