I start CC business late march... phone ringing now

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I am listed in new phone book that just came out, but I am not starting my business until late March. How should I handle these calls in a way that will help my future business? Should I:
a) just tell them i am not open for business until March
b) refer them to a good cc'er in town... (not sure which of the independents are better than others)
c) Take their info and make an appointment with them, then give info to another cleaner ( after checking out their work)
d) other ?????????

Thanks for advice

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would tell thm you are unable to clean until March (state a date) and ask if that day is good or if they would like another day after that. I would not do any of the other things especially telling them you are not open for business till then. Would you hire somebody that told you they were just starting out in whatever field they are in?

Ken
Ps They may ask why and then you have an issue and I would not recommend lying so think that one trhrough also.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I am not buying equipment/van until late Feb/early March. Finishing business planning now, and have attended Pemberton's CCT course.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would look to rent something while I was setting up on a limited bases(a day or two a week) because when the book goes out is when the bulk of you calls will come. Another company will be putting out another book in a few months and the one your in might get replaced. So you want to capture as many customers as possible to start building your data base for next year and the years after.

G

Bogart said:
I am listed in new phone book that just came out, but I am not starting my business until late March. How should I handle these calls in a way that will help my future business? Should I:
a) just tell them i am not open for business until March
b) refer them to a good cc'er in town... (not sure which of the independents are better than others)
c) Take their info and make an appointment with them, then give info to another cleaner ( after checking out their work)
d) other ?????????

Thanks for advice

If you have an Interlink supply around you, they can rent you equipment. This way you can get your feet wet and not lose business and future repeat customers. If you don't have someplace to rent, then I would call a respectable competing cleaner and offer some kind of referrel deal and at the same time maybe make a friend who could help you in return in the future. Good luck, I started in August of 2008, and thanks to this place, I am really enjoying my new career.

Eric

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ya I would definatley rent some equipment on the jobs you feel comfortable with. until then if you cant do the job at least get their info so you can tella market them or do some sort of follow up activity later and you have built up some sales leads before you get your stuff

hogjowl

Idiot™
Is it your fault that you are booked solid from now until Feb 15th? And everybody needs a vacation and you're taking two weeks off at the end of February. But, you're more than happy to schedule her for the first or second week in March.

Aren't you?

Walt

Listen to Marty. They don't need to know what you are booked with. You might mention you have a certain day open - but only that day. Put it a week or so out so you can book others on that day as well. If they commit, then rent some equipment. I would recommend renting the night before and doing your whole home first. Nothing like not knowing how to turn the machine on until you get there.

BTW - congrats that you are getting calls. If it weren't for repeat customers things would be pretty slow around here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Find a good cleaner in your area and sub out to him.
Or find a good cleaner in you area and work with him on your jobs and cut him into the deal.
Hard for me to turn away money...almost as hard to wait around for it.

Get to know some of the local guys just in case something ever goes wrong with your rig when you get it.

Plus, believe it or not, CCers are pretty cool people in general.

Chris A

Name
Chris
glad your getting calls, now quit forwarding my number to your phone! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom