I have a question concerning our reminder mailouts

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When we get some cards sent back to us, due to the wrong address, no longer at that address etc...we'll either change the address, find out if the customer is still in our home town, or some other means.

But I got this return that said:
"Forward Time Exp RTN To Send

And had the customers Last name right below it with a different address than the one I sent it to. Example:
Smith
123 Smith Dr
Toccoa, Ga 30577

What is the post office telling me?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This means the person you sent the card to no longer lives at the address on the card.

"FORWARD TIME EXP RTN. TO SEND." - The person you tried sending the cards to apparently moved and set up mail forwarding with the Postal Service (meaning any mail addressed to the old place will automatically be redirected to their new address), and this forwarding period has now expired. Because of that, the cards have been returned to the sender (you).

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh. If there is a new address still in your service area, then change it. I didn't realize they gave you new address.
That's what I was thinking. They just worded it weird and I wasn't sure if that was their new address or there was a similar name to that different address

hogjowl

Idiot™
Another way to keep your data base culled is to use your local welcome wagon (or similar) service. You get a list of new move ins.

If this confuses you ... ask Meg.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Another way to keep your data base culled is to use your local welcome wagon (or similar) service. You get a list of new move ins.

If this confuses you ... ask Meg.
Meg, Marty is rambling about something. What is he talking about?

Name
Ross Martin
Look for someone who can do a "merge-purge" with your mailing list.

This will fix wrong addresses, duplicates and other problems that you might have.

The cost of the service will likely be less than the cost of wasted postage.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Russ- SM has tool to populate correct address, and in today's times, I thinks that's should be standard, (even for SM)

Unfortunately, even with everything correct, USPS will return 5% for no good reason.

When we get customer moved, we will change that account to NEW Homeowner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom