I am going to hire a hack...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think I am just going to hire a hack to do our water damage carpet cleanings.... The customer is never happy when you do a good job. They always want the insurance company to buy them new carpet, and they are willing to shaft the carpet cleaner to get it done.

I just got done performing miracles on a five year old low level loop olefin piece o' crap carpet to have the lady tell me she is sure the texture change in her main traffic pattern down the hallway was caused by WATER!

I tried to explain that it wasn't dirty, it was texture change or "apparent soiling". I put some cleaner on a rag and rubbed it over the spot and the towel was still clean. I then cleaned the spot again.

"It's okay, it's not your fault, I just think all that water ruined the carpet."

Funny how it only ruined the part in the middle of the hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom even though ALL the carpet was under water....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That doesn't keep them from being a PITA. And after the adjuster says they are not going to replace the carpet because it is in better than pre-loss condition, they gripe about how they don't think I did a good enough job and then get the adjuster to have me come back.

Generally the adjusters I work with most frequently will tell the customer that if it doesn't come out with a cleaning they will pay for replacement of the carpet. This makes customers psychotic towards the cleaner.

I have actually been in situations where I have to clean a carpet that is definetly going to be torn out, just to determine who is going to pay for it's replacement. If I can't get it clean, the insurance picks it up, and if I can get it clean, the customer tears it out. It just cheezes me off to spend hours cleaning a carpet and taking out every single freakin' spot knowing that it's gonna be torn out... Insurance only pays 26 cents/ foot for cleaning, but we make up for that in the dry-out.

GRHeacock

Everybody wants new for free- if they can get it.

Hang in there, don't hire a hack. Do good work and sleep the sleep of the pure in heart at night.

Gary

Supersucker

Well any adjuster worth a damn knows dirty from worn & should know a nice way to tell them to pound sand.
Give them every penny of their .26 but no more and don't let it get to you.
And remember that .26 does not include the koolaide spots that have been there 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom