How strong do we really need to mix our chems?

I never really thought about cutting my chemical usage down because I have always gotten great results and chemicals are pretty cheap right. I have been primarily using Prochem Powerstrike, Powerburst, and Ultrapac but mostly use the Powerstrike. I mix the Powerstrike at 6 scoops or 12 oz in my hydroforce with yellow tip. I met a guy the other day that said he used 1 scoop in his hydroforce with just a little deodorizer added in. I though he was just being a cheap hack and did not charge enough, but that got me thinking that with my machine and 200 plus degree heat, do I really need so many chems to clean with? Well I cut back to 4 scoops, then 3, then 2, and then 1 scoop. For me the right mix was 2 scoops in my hydroforce even though 1 scoop still had great results, but with two I can cut through heavy soil with ease. I don't need 6 scoops.

So my current pre-spray for residential is either Ultrapac or Powerstrike mixed at about 1/4th the reccommended dilution and I run dry slurry at 1 cup for 5 gallon stock. For ultrapac 16 oz will get the job done. That is 8 containers from one gallon. Try it and I guarantee if you have a decent truckmout you will not notice one difference in performance.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan,

ALL the chem's..you have mentioned are extreemly..HOT..high ph..

We always use the least amount of chem's possible do a quality job...

It not because of the price of chems....But leave the least amount of residue...

With the HEAT of your Everest...You can cut dilutions in HALF....

Then if you are cleaning with SOFT water....you can reduce dilutions again...

IT is a TRAIL & ERROR process on each job....Just start LOW..and add as NEEDED...

Although SLURRY is the BOMB...We don't use it on residential....With you NEW heat
if you use it on every job...Plan on De-Scale-ing your HX's...

Chris A

Name
Chris
danielc said:
So my current pre-spray for residential is either Ultrapac or Powerstrike mixed at about 1/4th the reccommended dilution and I run dry slurry at 1 cup for 5 gallon stock. For ultrapac 16 oz will get the job done. That is 8 containers from one gallon. Try it and I guarantee if you have a decent truckmout you will not notice one difference in performance.

If you like slurry try Heat Wave. It seemed to leave carpet softer for me when I used it, before I switched to the "All Natural" schtick.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

That is a constant problem we face ...
as chemical manufacturers.

The carpet cleaner could be using:

1. a "CRI approved" Rug Doctor with 35 PSI and 80" of water lift with cold tap water

or

2. a Truckmount utilizing hi-flow wand; water @ 235° at 600 PSI ; and 17" hg (231" water).

Soiling conditions could also vary from:

1. Dusty with light traffic lanes

to

2. Restaurant with 1/4" of food grease from the kitchen.

These extremes are going to need different amounts of cleaning products.

That is why I try to put a range of concentrations on our Dynachem products.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I run dry slurry at 1 cup for 5 gallon stock. .

what are you metering the DS at?

2, 3, 5 GPH?
don't forget you're getting some added determinacy in the mix when using the hydrosaoker

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom