How many provide Mold Remediation as a service?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
The reason why I ask, is because we have taken an approach for remediation that isn't necessarily considered orthodox, however it has been yielding excellent results. I thought I would share this method that I believe is worth trying. Regardless of the level of spores, or the type for that matter we air wash the begeeters out of a property, not once, but two times before ever hepa vacuuming.

This process includes washing everything from popcorn texture to floor covering, behind casing& base, walls, cabinets and on and on. Of course we have the area contained and have it under pressure. It's much faster and less expensive regarding payroll.

So far for the last three projects, all with extremely high spore count we successfully passed clearance on the first attempt. A second HEPA vac was not necessary. I have added a review from a recently completed project and in their case the floor covering was left in place due to their financial situation. The Protocol written by a CIH recommended that the floor covering must be replaced.

After air washing it and having it steam cleaned we passed. The CIH that performed the clearance test had indicated that initially he felt as though his meter must not have been calibrated, lol because even the normal "junk spores" usually related to typical dust and other stuff that is commonly found on clearance was not present in any real measurable way.

It's at least worth a try. No?

"We had to vacate our house after finding out we had high levels of three toxic molds, including black mold. After talking to 4 companies, we used Disaster Brigade. Ivan and his crew are amazing. They were prompt, had great communication, followed through, and went above and beyond in every aspect! Our house looks amazing, and the environmental engineer, upon retesting our home, stated that Disaster Brigade did an amazing job, getting the air cleaner than he had readings on ever before. And due to the amazing finish work, our house appraised for $4,000 more than before the work. Thank you Disaster Brigade for making our house a home again!"

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Thank you Scott. I have been blessed to have had the best industry training that money can buy and a great deal of industry colloquies who had shared valuable insights through the years. But, the older I get the more I start wanting to experiment with different processes.

Most of the time they fail, but the times when they work I feel as though the reward was well worth the effort.

I cannot help but to reminisce in the poetic way in which the late Robert Kennedy said – “There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were and ask why not”.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back in the Mold is Gold days we were up to $1 million just in mold remediation. Last year we did 250k in mold.

We will probably be less than that this year but with more smaller projects.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Interestingly enough, my mold division has grown exponentially this year. Not sure why as I don't particularly seek the work. But I'm not going to complain, lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom