High flow

FastEddie

For example: 09 total flow at 400 psi vs. 06 total flow at 600 psi.

Would the GPM be close? If so, wouldn't the 06 flow provide better cleaning because of the increased impact on the fibers or would you run into fiber distorting if the jets are too close to the carpet?

Farenheit251

Seems about the same to me Eddie. but I want to use the flow to flush better not penetrate the backing. With Greenies angled jet manifold I use 500-550 at 7.5 flow most of the time. Are you going to run 700-750 to get similar flushing? BRIAN e

G

In theory it sounds like you would get great flow with either of those combos Eddie, but in the real world, anyone running more than 100 ft of 1/4" diameter tm hose will NEVER see that potential flow capacity. Go to the books and you will see that both of those combos should flow well over 2 gpm when the trigger is pulled. Problem is , it does not do it.

The best you can hope for if you run 200 ft or more of hose is 1.5 gpm.

That said, the 09 jet at 400 psi will deliver slightly more impact to the carpet. Impact at flow is comprised of a combo of volume and pressure. Increasing the volume 50% with the 09 jetting is more effective. Pressure has to be squared to double the flow.

FastEddie

So you are saying you can't flow more than 1.5GPM thru 200ft 1/4" line, even if you crank up the pressure? If not, is this where friction loss plays a role?

G

Yes Eddie. The friction is so great on 1/4" hose beyond 100 ft that very few cleaners will ever see flow volumes beyond 1.5 gpm.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"very few cleaners will ever see flow volumes beyond 1.5 gpm."

Why "very few"???

I have a Cat 5CP pump.
As far as I know, that's one of the biggest they put on any production TM

Eddie, When we ran 2 jet wands, I carried and used 2 different jetted wands.
One with a pair of 03 flow jets and one with a pair of 02s
(even went to a pair of 1.5s for a minute)
The 06 jetted wand cleaned much better at 300psi compared to the 03 jetted wand at 500+psi.
Can't tell you all the physics of it, but flow gets it done better than mega psi.

I think the Steamon Deamon shows what flow over psi can do

..L.T.A.

G

Why "very few"???

Because Larry, it is possible to do if you were determined to do it. How? By cranking the pressure up to 800 psi or higher. You would then be up to 1.7 gpm. Stanley Steemer does that. But they also soak carpets as well because the water penetrates the carpet backs at those pressures, and I do not reccomend this as a good way to put down more water.A much better way is to use what Steamway suggests, and just spend the money for 3/8" hose if you want high flow beyond 100 ft out. That will give you 2+gpm whenever you want it.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
This stuff (along with blowers) confuses the shit out of me. All I know is I bought the upgrade kit from Greenie for my Big Boy Original wand. Flow seems great and I run it at 550 psi. (gasp).

Maybe Greenie can come along and explain what kind of flow I'm actually getting.

G

This stuff (along with blowers) confuses the shit out of me.

You are not alone on that score Kirk. I have been explaining this stuff for over 5 years on the boards now, and I still see the glazed looks in people's eyes when they talk to me at Conventions about these things. I few eventually get it, and that is the reason I will keep up the effort.

The Preacher

getting a 1/4" carpet fiber clean ain't rocket science like Krazy KEEENy want's folks to believe. We ain't building Polaris Missles here!!!

i think the cleaning pie should be devided into 5 parts not 4 with FLOW being the other 20%!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom