Help with a white cable area rug

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a white pottery barn wool area rug. It has a number of spots from a large dog.I call this rug the marshmellow
rug because thats what it looks like.I got rid of the odor but can't seem to get rid of the yellow color, any thoughts?
Thanks Warren

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
acidic acid try that
or a acid side rinse several applications
i got some to turn back that way

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Oxidizers are a last resort for wool but that might be where you’re at. What about testing 30 or 40 Vol Peroxide? As long as you put it on light enough not to penetrate the cotton base yarn it might not hurt.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
ACE said:
Oxidizers are a last resort for wool but that might be where you’re at. What about testing 30 or 40 Vol Peroxide? As long as you put it on light enough not to penetrate the cotton base yarn it might not hurt.
Tried it....

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Oh how I HATE Pottery Barn rugs... some of the worst product comes out of their stores - those sisal rugs with stamped on designs that scrub on - hate them. Same with these marshmellow rugs.

Can you post a photo? Is it cotton or wool? If it's cotton, you can use a chlorox mix of one part to 4 water and see if that works. But if it's wool or some other weird fiber, you will have to test some different solutions like Stain Magic for wool, etc.

I always tell clients I can remove the odor but the stains are permanent - and I see if they want the rug washed. Then we get paid for the wash and the odor removal. Sometimes the pet areas get better with the wash (depends on how fresh they are) - then we can play around with stain removal at that point, test an area, and have them say "yes or no" to additional work with that result letting us know the time it will take to get it done.

We do that same thing with flooded rugs - invoice for wash and sanitizing - and after that see if color run removal is possible, test an area, and then do more if it is approved.

Here's why in both cases... when the stain removal - or color run removal - is tied to the wash, and it does not come out as expected, you can end up not being paid for any of the work without a battle. By breaking it up into two phases and making one "standard wash" and the other work "corrective work" you can create more realistic expectations, and a smoother payment cycle.

That's just how we do it... anyway - I'd love a photo if you have one.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom