Help asap

Name
Ron lippold
Im on a job and went to turn off machine and she would not turn off. this is the first problem i have had. What is a safe way to turn off the pto.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron.........If it were me and she did not want to shut off I would of pulled the fuse and killed the power on the main panel and then shut the truck down........There is a good chance that your stop button went out on the panel..I would start there first.......If it is a bad button/switch..then it would keep it from powering back up plus it would not of let it shut down because it would not of let the circuit open when you went to push it....It sounds like it is stuck closed......This is all assuming that your panel is the same as mine......Be careful with the fuse.these type can be tricky at times.... just because you can look at it and it is not broke in the center it does not mean it is still good.....I have seen many of these break at the end where you cant see it..........Replace it anyway just to be sure..........I think this would be a good place to start.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
I would have been in trouble on that one. I'm going to ask it anyways, is that fuse in the cab or in the panel?

Panel fuse..........also one would think that they would of put an inline fuse on the feed wire going from the source to the panel.........But cant say if they did or they did not....Sometimes this is difficult to figure out because most these machines are not cookie cut ......... they are wired different and from a different source.........But they all have a panel fuse......

Ron,
I have a couple of things you might want to try. After checking for 12 volt power, go in the cab of the truck and make sure the horn works. Then, very carefully reach over and slowly turn the windshield wipers on, then turn the air conditioner to very cold. If all this is working OK, you will need to now get a few tools and a fork lift.

Go back to the rear of the box truck and you will see a lot of bolts holding things down. You will probably need an impact wrench. This will make things go a little faster for you. Start by removing all the bolts holding everything down. Remove the main vacuum hose from the blower to the recovery tank. Carefully remove the recovery tank out of the back of the truck, then remove the bolts from the blower. Slide the blower to the rear of the truck and use your forklift to carefully set the blower on the ground. Go to the side of the box and unbolt the control panel and disconnect the wires. Take the control panel out of the truck and put it on the ground. Drain all the water out of the water supply tank to save weight. Remove the water tank and disconnect any lines running to it. Use the forklift to remove the water supply tank and place it on the ground.

Call me and get me to send you a Lunch Pail. Use the forklift to place the Lunch Pail in the side of the truck. Drill four holes and bolt the unit down. Place the number four Little Giant water heater next to the unit, drill four holes and bolt it down also. Go to the other side of the van and use a floor jack to lift a propane tank under the truck. Mark the 4 holes on the propane tank and drill four holes in the bottom of the truck. Bolt the tank to the truck. Use a 1 1/8” hole saw to drill a hole for the propane hose. Insert the rubber grommet and run the hose from the tank to the Little Giant heater.

Drive the truck and get the propane tank filled. Call your next carpet cleaning customer and schedule the job. I think if you will do this we will have your problem solved.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Leslie Judson Jones said:
Ron,
I have a couple of things you might want to try. After checking for 12 volt power, go in the cab of the truck and make sure the horn works. Then, very carefully reach over and slowly turn the windshield wipers on, then turn the air conditioner to very cold. If all this is working OK, you will need to now get a few tools and a fork lift.

Go back to the rear of the box truck and you will see a lot of bolts holding things down. You will probably need an impact wrench. This will make things go a little faster for you. Start by removing all the bolts holding everything down. Remove the main vacuum hose from the blower to the recovery tank. Carefully remove the recovery tank out of the back of the truck, then remove the bolts from the blower. Slide the blower to the rear of the truck and use your forklift to carefully set the blower on the ground. Go to the side of the box and unbolt the control panel and disconnect the wires. Take the control panel out of the truck and put it on the ground. Drain all the water out of the water supply tank to save weight. Remove the water tank and disconnect any lines running to it. Use the forklift to remove the water supply tank and place it on the ground.

Call me and get me to send you a Lunch Pail. Use the forklift to place the Lunch Pail in the side of the truck. Drill four holes and bolt the unit down. Place the number four Little Giant water heater next to the unit, drill four holes and bolt it down also. Go to the other side of the van and use a floor jack to lift a propane tank under the truck. Mark the 4 holes on the propane tank and drill four holes in the bottom of the truck. Bolt the tank to the truck. Use a 1 1/8” hole saw to drill a hole for the propane hose. Insert the rubber grommet and run the hose from the tank to the Little Giant heater.

Drive the truck and get the propane tank filled. Call your next carpet cleaning customer and schedule the job. I think if you will do this we will have your problem solved.

AMEN.

Name
Ron lippold
This is the worlds greatest board. A big shout out to Michael he had me up and going in about 25 min he is flippin awesome. I have a big week this week and I will be able to give the goods all week. thanks to Michael and all the good ones out there.

Name
Ron lippold
well we had power going into the fuse but no power coming out, but the fuse was good. i cut the in line fuse out and put another one in line and that took care of my problem..

Man Michael is a wealth of info.

again thanks Mike and everyone that makes this place kick ass

Ron, I'm glad you got your unit going. I'll hold off on sending you the Lunch Pail for a few weeks.

You do know I'm just joking....Ron?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it was a very simple problem/issue (once identified) rons truck has a plastic fuse holder ( the .99 kind) and it had lost contact with the fuse. i recomend to all that have a plastic fuse holder to get a panel mount circuit breaker that is the same amp rating as the fuse you currently have. the install should of this breaker should only take 5 minutes and it is resetable yet safe. and the breaker you can find them for about five dollars. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom