Hack alert... Q about air movers

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I just had the opportunity to pick up a heap of second hand gear yesterday from a retiring guy a couple hours south of me.

He had a number of Saraha Pros which I grabbed, but he also had 10 old Sirocco's that he used as backup when busy.

I bought them but wondered what their specs are like?

Anyone actually remember them?

I've been in the industry 10 years and yet can't remember them being sold before?

Obviously they pre date the Saraha Pros as the tag says they draw 5amps to the Saraha's 3.3.

And no I won't tell you how much as I would have paid about the same as you would for new stuff :evil:

John

P.S. I also bought another 1200 :shock: couldn't knock it back for $1100.00

steve g

Name
steve garrett
post a pic of them if you can. IMO the older drieaz stuff was some of the most reliable. the old sahara pros, with the 3 POS switch ahead of the top handle, are the best snail fan ever built IMO

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
awww those old school drieaz units bring back some memories. I think they are just as good or better than anything on the market right now, in all the years I think I have only seen one of those really old models have a problem. personally I like the low amp high CFM non snail type units,

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
steve g said:
personally I like the low amp high CFM non snail type units,

I hear ya Steve, and I agree with you. In fact, I'd decided a long time ago that I didn't need any more snail types but when you keep running out of gear up to 8-10 times a year, and then these babies come up at approx 30% of replacement value, I jumped.

I'll have them out and paid for in the next rush of work and then it's just cream...

John

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Good for you. I don't do drying too much, but I found a deal on craigslist for a friend; 10 airmovers $25 each (4 drieaz, 6 diamondbacks) 5 drieaz 1200 dehus for $100 each. He got setup for $750 total. Deals like this never happen to often. You have to jump on them when you can. :wink:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used to have a shelf full of those Sirocco units. They were good in their time. The amp dfraw is rather high by todays standards, but they will do the job if you have the juice available to power them.

Scott Warrington

Back
Top Bottom