Good Lord..

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_20190718_095408.jpgIMG_20190718_095415.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Today's hard surface floor converts are covering their floors with crappy rugs like this, not the beautiful "oriental" rugs of yesteryear.

At least that one didn't have viscose/rayon/tencel/banana silk/art silk/whatever else they call garbage fiber rugs.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When I went into my local rug cleaning shop, I asked the owner how he feels about viscose rugs. He showed me one he had waiting to be picked up that was a nightmare. During the production process the weavers mark the threads with pink and blue highlighters. When he washed the rug all the pen markings bled through. It was a boobie trap. What a pain!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
No kidding.

With that blend and backing, it would ripple like hell

Real nice lady from Iowa currently living on the military base she's actually paid cash to have two bedrooms and that rug spot cleaned, for some reason she was denied the free annual cleaning that most of them yet.
I suspect she's too nice and perky and the lady that runs the joint doesn't like her.
it's funny , I get to interview a lot of people that live on the base that come from all over the country and it's about a 50-50 split.. half of them love it and buy a home or property to someday retire on.. the other half absolutely can't stand it claiming there's nothing to do, the weather is horrible and they can't wait to get back to the big city

Name
Jeff T
If you just look at that edge tape wrong, it will delam....
I HATE rugs like those. People ask me to clean them when they are full of urine, I simply say, yes, I can clean them, but I’m expecting them to fall apart....
They look at me puzzled, I flip the corner up, grab a piece of the tape, and gently pull, and yup, it comes off as easy as scotch tape off the roll...
Junk.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All Indian hand-tufted rug will have poor adhesive that turns to putty when wet. Thin rugs of this type, particularly ones with a high cotton or rayon face fiber, will wick the adhesive to the surface. The yellow discoloration takes an enormous amount of time to remove, so it's better to skip cleaning them.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Beware !

Managing the drying is key even for in-plant processing

Riddle me this:

What yarn take longer to give up its water by evaporation?

A) Cotton, or
B) Wool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom