Going Tankless!

-JB-

Name
JB
Does ANYONE run this way on a daily basis?

Seems silly to me to pay big bucks every year to haul water around, like you can't get it where your at. :roll: I understand the "convenience & productivity" aspect of it, but does it truly out weigh (pun intended) the cost of hauling all the added weight, not to mention the loss of space in the van.

Just curious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there have been many times over the past 20 years I wished we had on-board fresh tanks

We never have though

The biggest PITA will be in winter's coldest times.
Either the folks will have the outside faucet turned off (which means you have to inconvenience them to turn it on)
Or it will be frozen and you have to drag a garden hose inside the home and hook up via faucet adapter

the only jobs that can't be done will be the ones that have the water turned off

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
Lar you us an APO or tank the waste?

And why do you go tankless?

G

Duane Oxley said:
I've got quite a few customers who do. Some of them post here.

Richard Robinson, for instance.

The Predator Unleashed systems have been doing this for several years now... since 2004, if memory serves.

http://www.acceleratedcleaning.com/PredatorUnleashed.htm

Hi Duane,

I've seen your tag about a revolutionary patent pending heat exchanger, but I don't see any information on your website. What is this all about? Have you released it yet? What are the benefits of your design vs. traditional design (longer lasting, hotter etc..)?

Thanks,
Eric

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm with Doug above. I know that I can load either soft water or very good city water (depending on loading outside or in and winter or summer.) And have had little issue with scaling or minerals cloggin our filters. we have a lot of areas with rural well connections out of town only a mile, and I would not want to burn through their soft water supply tanks and the well water is pretty mineral ridden straight from the source. So for out situation, fresh tanks work best.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I have never carried my own water. I have Chevy Astro vans and dont really have the room. I've never had a problems hooking up at the custy's home or buisness, Even in the winter if the outside faucet is frozen I carry a small torch with me and heat it up for a few seconds works almost every time if not I hook it inside but that's rare :mrgreen:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
ErictheRed said:
Duane Oxley said:
I've got quite a few customers who do. Some of them post here.

Richard Robinson, for instance.

The Predator Unleashed systems have been doing this for several years now... since 2004, if memory serves.

http://www.acceleratedcleaning.com/PredatorUnleashed.htm

Hi Duane,

I've seen your tag about a revolutionary patent pending heat exchanger, but I don't see any information on your website. What is this all about? Have you released it yet? What are the benefits of your design vs. traditional design (longer lasting, hotter etc..)?

Thanks,
Eric

Hey, Eric.

Thanks for asking. Maybe it would be better to answer in another thread, or start another, etc. The short answer is that 3 have been built and 2 have been sold. They are doing well. I can go into detail for you, but maybe another thread, as has been suggested.

Thanks,

Duane

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
60 gallon barrel is usually empty. Custy gets asked if they have water when booking. Too much weight to carry around.

Albert

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
So, I see now that the "tankless" idea that started this thread in the first place had to do with "fresh water" tanks.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to be "irrelevant".

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB said:
Lar you us an APO or tank the waste?

HAVE to have a waste tank..with or w/o pump out.
With out a waste tank, when (not if) your apo fails, you're toast

I have a pump out, but it's not a typical apo.
I plumbed in a 1/2hp sump pump
(we always have 110 electric for the kero burner)
The sump, sch 80 conduit and misc hangers, glue, etc were right around $200 I think

if the Rigid brand pump fails, I take it to HD and get a brand new one FREE for LIFE.
The dude said I won't even need my receipt. :mrgreen:

And why do you go tankless?

weight and floor space are the biggest reasons.
I've time studied our set up and tear down times.
Our typical fresh hose run adds 3-5 minutes total.... set-up and tear down

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Not worth hauling around a half-ton of water in an area that never freezes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Duane Oxley said:
So, I see now that the "tankless" idea that started this thread in the first place had to do with "fresh water" tanks.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to be "irrelevant".

diddya miss this part DooWayne?

Seems silly to me to pay big bucks every year to haul water around, like you can't get it where your at. .

...L.T.A.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Yeah.

I started, then had a phone conversation in the middle, then went back and finished the post. The second post came in that interim.

Farenheit251

I clean a lot of vacant rental homes. With money being tight Orlando has made it more difficult to get the water turned on and the small surrounding cities have gotten strict about locking off meters or at least leaving memos threatening to prosecute if you turn the meter on. Some are installig electric meters which cant be turned on by hand and another want $4-500 deposit. In property management getting the job done everytime is just as important as how good of a job you do.

Name
Kevin McCreary
sweendogg said:
I'm with Doug above. I know that I can load either soft water or very good city water (depending on loading outside or in and winter or summer.) And have had little issue with scaling or minerals cloggin our filters. we have a lot of areas with rural well connections out of town only a mile, and I would not want to burn through their soft water supply tanks and the well water is pretty mineral ridden straight from the source. So for out situation, fresh tanks work best.

Get a good softener?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I carry and never want to be without. Its the hassel factor for me. The weather can be a problem, the water in our area is very hard, & without it I would have to carry more hose. Yeah it may cost a bit more in fuel mileage but I'll bet it is only a couple bucks per tank.

TimP

I can't imagine not having a fresh water tank on my truck. You don't have to hunt for a faucet all the time. Plus when there is no water and no neighbor nearby like the job I had yesturday then you can't do it. My tank is only 85 gallons and that's only 7-800 lbs or so. You hardly notice it in the van with a 1 ton 6.0 engine. No doubt without the water you get better fuel economy but to drive 10-20 miles it's not much for sure. It's like carying extra 4-5 people in your car....how much extra fuel does it cost you????? I'm pretty sure it's not much at all.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
JB said:
Does ANYONE run this way on a daily basis?

Seems silly to me to pay big bucks every year to haul water around, like you can't get it where your at. :roll: I understand the "convenience & productivity" aspect of it, but does it truly out weigh (pun intended) the cost of hauling all the added weight, not to mention the loss of space in the van.

Just curious.

I have a 100 gallon fresh water tank in my van and I must say that I use it often. It's very nice when you have a busy day and one of your appointments is a small two room job or something close to that like a small apartment that does not have a close fresh water hook up. Then it comes in handy. It's a lot like anything else, if you got it, you'll use it. If you don't, you'll make do with what you got.

Ron K

Fifty foot Garden Hose is all we use. Sometimes old wells have some rust but thats from the plumbing not the water. Ran a Mastermatic for 15 year never descaled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom