Go the extra mile

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Fly me out direct first class, put me up in the Hilton, tickets to a devil's game that won't cause nosebleeds and I'll follow you around for 3 days and tell you everything you're doing incorrectly
Direct, no problem. First class, waste of money. I could put you up in an Oceanfront suite in a quiet town, and Devils tickets no problem.
We can get fish from my buddy who fishes, plus endless littlenecks.

We need to jam.

I would have to do a three bedroom, (not the whole house, just to speed it up without rushing), a Couch or Loveseat, and a set of stairs.

Completely solo and with absolute zero words or help. It will take me 2 hours or less.

Then, when my truck is all wrapped up on the 1, first, job, and everything is put away, we can reverse rolls. I will be your helper and not say a word, ask you a question, or mess you up by getting ahead to slow you down for as long as you want to stay. I will be the best helper and learn that way.

Would you consider?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
i'm talking about the glassware on the floor
( I presume you moved off the table)

..L.T.A.
No, that came from the corner hutch that hasn't been moved since 2017. They were on the top shelves. Keep in mind, they were put back in place before I even brought hoses in. There was no water around. This was all to vacuum.

Once I properley vacuum, all those pucks are back exactly where they go. Then I HWE and dont move a dang thing. By the time I set up hoses, Im done with all the moves. I havnt had to disconnect my wand to suck up a bead in months. I vacuum, dust, replace, then clean like an averager good carpet cleaner. Its all in the prep. That is why I pad now too. I vacuum so good, HWE or VLM just makes it look good.
I only do high end now. I am leaning towards a $1000 minimum, because thats pretty nice to just do really good carpet cleaning in one house for the day. Long, short, it will even out. No rushing anymore is the goal. Its not worth it.

One man can do with his brain, what 2 men do with their backs. IMO

This is where the glassware was.... It was safe, but awkward to move. ez.

it was on the very top shelf, not to confuse you, not the best clip, self filming kinda stinks. My vacuumer is gonna have to be camera savvy.....

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
says the man who's 5'5"
My bad. I didnt realize. Whatever ticket you need is fine.

BTW, I used to be 5'10 but I shrank. I charted it. Now im 5'8.5 and holding.....

IMG_1241.jpegIMG_1242.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Mikey P

Luky

Name
Mario
This was hard to figure out the how to slide everything one time only and move on..... Almost did it.
View attachment 124936

This was that house that I gear tied to the stand and got a ticket, and just roasted. So this time I listened and did not do that.
View attachment 124937

I'm learning now....
These are not puck sliders, that's for sure. You must have instant gratification by helping customers like they're family members. In my eyes it's honorable thing to do, I'm only hoping that your altruistic approach is not hurting your bottom line.
This was hard to figure out the how to slide everything one time only and move on..... Almost did it.
View attachment 124936

This was that house that I gear tied to the stand and got a ticket, and just roasted. So this time I listened and did not do that.
View attachment 124937

Im learning now....
View attachment 124941

you don't ask the homeowner to remove breakables from furniture you're moving???:headscratch:

..L

Name
Evets
until a better price with same or better service comes their way.
carpet cleaners are considered a commodity. very few consumers value you. We all have those few that value you….we also all have the many that think of us as just another commodity carpet cleaner.
Half of our business is repeat customers w/money, and we are the highest priced in our area. The other half read our reviews , and theirs, and realize you get what you pay for.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Austin Willoughby
When people see we go the extra mile to take care and respect their nice homes and belongings, they always appreciate it. No other place to park, I felt my exhaust was a little close to the car. put up a plastic shelf with a towel so I didn't cause any problems.

View attachment 117188

House was treated just as well, and this was the tip.

View attachment 117189

Super nice people too, not what you would think. People love a step above mediocrity.
I personally like to go 1 mile less. I would have parked as close as possible and smoked that Porsche up with fumes 🤣🤣 jkjk. Nice work man!

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
You do a lot of berber. Mostly olefin?
Olefin came and went for the most part. After the hype about it being bleach proof was over, the ugly oil syndrome squashed it. That was my experience, not sure if it is other peoples....
Nylons go for 20 years and still no ugly wear patterns.
Good question. The IICRC teaches about the different generations of carpet. Pretty interesting on advances in the different generations of carpet. Protection, dye, static??, I forget. It used to be all about red stain problems, then they fixed it by filling in the empty dye lots.??
How bout a little help here from the educated....

I know its the only fiber that floats. Its a weird word.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The IICRC teaches about the different generations of carpet. Pretty interesting on advances in the different generations of carpet. Protection, dye, static??, I forget. It used to be all about red stain problems, then they fixed it by filling in the empty dye lots.??

I always found having to teach those generations of nylon so that a carpet cleaner could pass the test disheartening.

The whole "You won't hurt the stain resistance as long as your product had a pH less than 10" was untrue as well. If you take most buffered alkaline presprays and detergents that are "less than 10" and clean a sample of stain resistant nylon, it loses about half of the stain resistance. If you don't want to interfere with it at all, you have to use an unbuffered product, like the "green stuff" out there that foams a lot and cleans a little, and then rinse it well.

Fortunately for cleaners, abrasive soil and normal use of a 5th generation nylon knocks about 25% of the stain resistance out right there...so it is a non issue really .

....and people ask me why I resigned from the IICRC as an instructor :oldrolleyes:

Today? I'd rather have a beat, "improperly maintained" stain resistant nylon than the "best" polyester crap being sold today.

Rant over.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I always found having to teach those generations of nylon so that a carpet cleaner could pass the test disheartening.

The whole "You won't hurt the stain resistance as long as your product had a pH less than 10" was untrue as well. If you take most buffered alkaline presprays and detergents that are "less than 10" and clean a sample of stain resistant nylon, it loses about half of the stain resistance. If you don't want to interfere with it at all, you have to use an unbuffered product, like the "green stuff" out there that foams a lot and cleans a little, and then rinse it well.

Rant over.....
Should we start using a neutral chemical used to mop the floors that are waxed VCT to treat the carpet? I assume that if those formulas are safe enough to clean over water based acrylics, then it should be safe enough to clean carpet with protectant on it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Should we start using a neutral chemical used to mop the floors that are waxed VCT to treat the carpet? I assume that if those formulas are safe enough to clean over water based acrylics, then it should be safe enough to clean carpet with protectant on it.

You could, but those products aren't really made for that purpose.

There are plenty of good carpet cleaning products that don't have buffered pH that work good on carpet.

But, the point is this:

Stain resistant treatments really aren't that durable, and within a few years are a non issue. Just use what is needed to get the carpet clean, and rinse out as much residue as you can.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

There are plenty of good carpet cleaning products that don't have buffered pH that work good on carpet.

But, the point is this:

Stain resistant treatments really aren't that durable, and within a few years are a non issue. Just use what is needed to get the carpet clean, and rinse out as much residue as you can.
You can always reapply a stain resist treatment. Will never be as good as the original factory baked on product but it is a help.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson

But, the point is this:

most people wait a minimum of 2-3 yrs before deciding to get carpets clean. At that point the traffic lanes has lost a lot of its luster that cannot be regained.

stain resistant works…so long as homeowner does their part in cleaning every 6 months or sooner. This cleaning interval ain’t happening with most homeowners. That rarely happens.

So clean away boys with what works for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom