Get the yellow out?

Name
Jeff T
I’ve got a client that has high end wool W/W. she has a little dog that’s not only old, but doesn’t like water. His urine is DARK yellow/ brown, and it fookin stinks like cat urine. I can get it to aaaaalllmost gone, but still a little stain. I use acid, dwell for 30-40 min, and finish with a clean rinse, then did a 7-10% peroxide mist, rinse again.... I’m afraid of weakening the fibre, or cause color loss.
I’ve had very good results using dichlor on area rugs, but after I use a pressure washer to flush that out.
What to do?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Peroxide can create yellowing tinge. Ya try a reducer?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’ve got a client that has high end wool W/W. she has a little dog that’s not only old, but doesn’t like water. His urine is DARK yellow/ brown, and it fookin stinks like cat urine. I can get it to aaaaalllmost gone, but still a little stain. I use acid, dwell for 30-40 min, and finish with a clean rinse, then did a 7-10% peroxide mist, rinse again.... I’m afraid of weakening the fibre, or cause color loss.
I’ve had very good results using dichlor on area rugs, but after I use a pressure washer to flush that out.
What to do?
The carpet is already damaged by the urine. Last step, spray with 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution like eliminate. Not recommended for wool but won't cause any evident damage.

Name
Jeff T
The carpet is already damaged by the urine. Last step, spray with 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution like eliminate. Not recommended for wool but won't cause any evident damage.
I had a bad experience when I first started on some old wool W/W.... I used ‘Vanish’ on a pet stain, and it went from grey carpet, to light beige/white.... I’m cautious of trying it again....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a bad experience when I first started on some old wool W/W.... I used ‘Vanish’ on a pet stain, and it went from grey carpet, to light beige/white.... I’m cautious of trying it again....
I've been using it on some area rugs, so far no problems. Don't spray too much and give it time to work. Usually takes 2-4 hours.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
........... I can get it to aaaaalllmost gone, but still a little stain. ..........
What to do?
Resist the temptation to be a hero.
".....aaaaalllmost gone" is good enough.

If you absolutely can't resist, still do.
If that doesn't work, spell out the risk, have them sign it and prepare to cause some damage.

Consider it a maturing fee.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
wool is incredibly absorbent so soak it down good and dry stroke it to death (you can often remove stains off wool with more dry strokes) once you've finished your dry strokes I nornally hit with 6% HP and either walk if just a shadow or hit with UV light if more pronounced

Mikey P

Administrator
The important part is the come off assertive and give the impression that youve dealt with this 1000s of times.

Do your best then tell them if you go any further, they'll be looking at their subfloor.

I'll also mention that with wool, it's common that organic stains will just "go away" over time. If they want they can mist the area once a day with 3% to speed up the process..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The important part is the come off assertive and give the impression that youve dealt with this 1000s of times.

Do your best then tell them if you go any further, they'll be looking at their subfloor.

I'll also mention that with wool, it's common that organic stains will just "go away" over time. If they want they can mist the area once a day with 3% to speed up the process..
That give you time to cash the check at least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom