Furniture stains

Spurling

I got a call from a furniture store .. they delivered some furniture that left some wood stains on the almost new carpet.. I offered to give it a shot with no guarantee .. anyone out there know what would be the best way to remove these stains without causeing damage due to my efforts .. thanks

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I would either hit it with Stain Zone or go in there with Pro Solve to remove the oil based contamination and then stain magic to remove the rest. Pre qualify it and let him know that furniture dye stains don't always come out.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree with Chris. Some furniture stains need a solvent first. The follow with Stain Zone or Stain Magic. USe fresh product. Apply to dry carpet. Apply a heavy dose and don't let it dry out too quickly. It may require a second application. Heat can increase the stain removal action bu that is risky as it may also remove color from the carpet.

Some furniture stain will not come out.

Scott Warrington

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Spurling;

1. I would use a strong POG first, to remove the varnish component.

2. Then use a powder brightener (oxidizer)
@ 3 oz./quart hot water. Saturate stain.

3. I use a 9 Watt LED UV light to accelerate the oxidizer.
About 10 minutes

Let us know how sucessful the removal was.

Larry Cobb

Spurling

WOW!! it was a white polyester carpet .. less than 1yr old .. (12) 2in sq reddish/brown bleeding marks .. I applied Pro-solve and dabbed it in with a bone scrapper ... 1st it got very dark .. then I used the hydramaster uph tool to rinse and it all disappeared .. it was amazing .. I dont think it would have been that easy on a nylon or worn poly ..Im just hopeing it dosent show a ghost stain after it drys. The lady was a pain in the ass .. she said ," I dont care what you do .. if it dosent come out, I want a new carpet." She kept saying I think I still see it . What she was seeing was the shadow of the indent. Finally she admitted to halucinating. I guess she really wanted a newer carpet.

Funny thing here .. the store sent out 1 of their representitives to clean the spots . He told the lady the factory didnt seal the stain in and there was nothing he could do to remove the color. Thanks to you guys .. Im a hero .. as long as the carpet drys fine. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom