Friday night and I didn't make it out of the drive!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was a busy day and I was finishing just ready to pull out of the drive when I saw my son unlocking a gate he had just locked moments before.

The On Call crew was due in, they had been on a big wdr loss all afternoon.

One of our supervisors pulls up and I asked what's up? One of the universities had a roof leak on new construction affecting some of the coaches offices and some new areas not yet in use.

Here it looked like an nice easy evening and instead we are scrambling to get over there. 6-tech's and the supervisor, I stayed and helped load the last truck with a couple of flood pumpers just in case they can't reach it with the TM's.

Sometimes this business comes at you in waves, and while no one likes giving up their relaxing & recreation time, the restoration game is all about being there when the need arises.

It sucks, but you can always rest when it's slow!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I agree. Tuesday we were checking the phones to see if they worked, then within 24 hours, we had 3 large losses come in. 1 flood and 2 fires. This is pics of the flood. 8,000 s.f. cat 3 flood in a second hand clothing store.

100_6306.jpg

100_6313.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow! Nice job Ed!

Looks like a lot of work, but those are always the one's the give you the greatest feeling of accomplishment when you complete them. 8)

Ed said:
I agree. Tuesday we were checking the phones to see if they worked, then within 24 hours, we had 3 large losses come in. 1 flood and 2 fires. This is pics of the flood. 8,000 s.f. cat 3 flood in a second hand clothing store.

100_6306.jpg

100_6313.jpg

Wow nice loss Ed. What was the source ?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
This was from a fire that happened the night before on a street behind this shopping plaza. 1 house was a total loss and caught 3 more on fire. The fire dept. put 1,000,000 gallons of water on the flames and it ran down hill and right through this plaza! What makes it worse is that the place smells like a fire loss due to the source of the water. All clothing in the store will be dry cleaned. It is a bear of a job. Besides all of the content having to be packed out and moved to an empty space next door so this business can resume operations until the repairs are made, we had to dry out the space we are packing out to 1st. There are also several hundred s.f. of raised platforms that have electrical and communication wiring running underneath and they got flooded, so the decking was removed so that the joist cavities in between can be dried and cleaned of silt that was brought in. Of course there is tons of office equipment and shelving on this area that has to be moved.
100_6340.jpg

This one made my month then we got a grease fire in a little old lady's home. Not a lot of physical damage, but everything in the home has to be cleaned and deod'd as well as floor covering removed due to burns. Little old ladies keep everything they've ever owned. There is so much "Stuff" in this little house, it'll take us a week to process it. Driving home from scoping that one, we received a commercial church fire. Not a huge one size wise, probably 6-7K s.f. but a lot of content packing out, organs, pianos. Churches are much like little old ladies, they keep everything. We'll then be gutting the structure to the studs and drying. We boarded and tarped it up Friday in a flipping wind storm. Have you ever installed a 40 X 60 tarp in 30 mph winds? I'm pretty sure this is how the sport of wind boarding was invented.

Al

Sometimes this business comes at you in waves, and while no one likes giving up their relaxing & recreation time, the restoration game is all about being there when the need arises.

It sucks, but you can always rest when it's slow!

Yeah, I worked all 4th of July weekend on a cat 3 packout. 8)

101_0631.jpg

101_0647.jpg

101_0640.jpg

101_0707.jpg

101_0712.jpg

101_0779.jpg

We also got a bunch of jobs from the rain and tornado's
101_0720.jpg

Gotta take it when you get it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom