Floor Inspectors Forum

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would like to see a forum for carpet and other flooring inspectors. For many years Fred Gamble hosted a site for inspectors, but he gave up on that a few years ago.

Mike has agreed to consider adding an inspector forum here if there is enough interest to keep it active. I know there are several inspectors who are already regular posters here. If a section for inspections was added, I think we could (with a little time) attract many inspectors who do not have a board.

Fellow inspectors, what are your thoughts? Could we support a forum and keep it active?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Good idea Scott, BUT and there's always a butt isn't there :roll:

We have a dedicated WoolSafe ONLY Inspectors Forum over on the Aussie board but find, being a niche area, there's only so much traffic etc.

Having said that, a universal one would be great and would certainly help newer inspectors like myself to learn and shorten the learning curve somewhat.

I'd personally feel that it should be by invitation only and not SM room.

Make it hidden and a select usergroup of inspectors.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
For that type of stuff on here, maybe a slight digression from the strict toolbox focus could include Inspection and Correction related topics?

Steve has just put up a classic example.

I also have put up a few Inspectors claims for consideration in there.

Slight change of name or description maybe Mikey and incorporate it all under the one room?

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
I agree with John's suggestion.

There is about a dozen carpet Inspectors here - probably not enough to keep a separate room very active but enough to be an interesting addition to the Tool Box Room.

Jimbo

I think it would be a great learning tool to have it available for all SM...so I have to respectfully disagree with you John. What better way to learn of the finer points of carpet construction and associated challenges of cleaning and corrective measures? Don't hide it.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Fair call Jim, but, what happens when we're called to consult on a job that may be for another cleaner?

Sometimes a seperate room by invitation only for registered inspectors gives the inspectors a greater freedom to discuss potential problems and so forth without every Tom Dick and Harry looking over their shoulders and then running off causing problems for themselves, other cleaners and maybe even with a little knowledge damaging the inspectors image?

It could easily been taken both ways, like Tony said, probably not enough traffic to warrant it's own room, so adding it to the ToolBox may be the best way for now, it'll just mean any sensitive cases will have to be kept to email only if an inspector is wanting to bounce ideas of others.

John

Back
Top Bottom