February 22nd It Is!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
So, it was suggested by Keith to do a February 22nd donate your services day. Good start. Usually, nobody is that busy and donating our time and expertise shouldn't be that much of an issue. Find a local charity or people that normally couldn't afford us, your church, a homeless shelter, a food bank....... you get my drift. It's a small thing to give back a bit to an industry that's been very good to most of us- and good karma as well.

DO IT!!!!

10259751_790962511026077_5588519286258088048_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Ok....I am putting it in my calendar!
Although I will say that we occasionally come across situations throughout the year and do that anyway.
We got a call once from a home nurse who had just picked up a new patient. He was a disabled vet and his apartment was literally filled with fecal matter as he was wheelchair bound and had gotten very sick. All over the place.
He was so embarrassed so of course the first thing was to assure him that he had no reason to be. Then we got to work, it took us a few hours to clean two rooms. We made sure that is was completely sanitized as it could possibly be, and it looked great when we were done.
He brought out his checkbook and we told him to put it away, because we knew he was on a very limited income. He was so utterly thankful, he even teared up.
Thus it begun, my quest to help anyone who ever came across our path that truly needed us but couldn't afford it.
We have no problem helping people out whether we are busy or not.
We are all blessed with the opportunity to go into people's homes and even businesses and help them in ways no one else can. And I love it!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We did around $8,000 in charitable cleaning donations this year and will increase that in 2016. We cleaned the USO @ McCarran Intl. airport 3 times alone this year. This would have charged $1,500 each time, it is over 2,000 sq. ft of Tile in addition to Carpet. We clean a battered women's shelter twice, among donations to firehouses, etc. for cleaning gift certificates to be used in their fundraisers.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
So, it was suggested by Keith to do a February 22nd donate your services day. Good start. Usually, nobody is that busy and donating our time and expertise shouldn't be that much of an issue. Find a local charity or people that normally couldn't afford us, your church, a homeless shelter, a food bank....... you get my drift. It's a small thing to give back a bit to an industry that's been very good to most of us- and good karma as well.

DO IT!!!!

Thanks for making the suggestion. There is more need in this country than most even know.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wonder what it would take to get this to be a recognized national campaign?

A call to the local media?

IICRC/ICRA involvement?
I wouldn't want to make a big deal out of it. In fact I don't want the exposure. You'd be subject to judging, some will appreciate what you do but others might not think you're doing enough.

Besides we do it because it's the right thing to do. Not for any credit!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
willy, I have a couple of customers, I wonder if you want to go in with me? Use my gear and share the labor. One is related to Down Syndrome, the other is a womens recovery centre, mainly upholstery or I will help you with one of yours>

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There may be more reason to promote this as a public campaign than simp-ly to seek credit or glory for one's actions. Publicity could also make more cleaners aware of the campaign with the result that more benefit from this generosity. I am sure that is what Mike had in mind.

If anyone needs product for donating their service on that date, let me know. I'll see what I can contribute to the cause.

Mikey P

Administrator
We would need a source to reference to that is not here..

Actually if Interlink would get behind this with a page on their site add well as the divisional and independents, this could go a long way.

I'm sure local news papers/ news sites would play along in promoting it.
If interlink would spread the word through their shops and offer up the chemicals to do the work, many companies would jump on board..

Scott, give me a call..

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
We would need a source to reference to that is not here..

Actually if Interlink would get behind this with a page on their site add well as the divisional and independents, this could go a long way.

I'm sure local news papers/ news sites would play along in promoting it.
If interlink would spread the word through their shops and offer up the chemicals to do the work, many companies would jump on board..

Scott, give me a call..
Would there be an application process for organizations that want free service? Who would determine who qualifies? Who would coordinate which cleaner did which job? Sounds like a complicated undertaking, but interesting.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mikey P

Administrator
So it's official!!

Interlink/Aramsco is behind this 100%.

They will be promoting the event through all their shops. Independent store owners will have the final say on how they want to contribute. Corporate stores will definitely be supplying cleaners with the chemicals needed to do the work on February 22'nd

We need to come up with an official name for this event.
" National Carpet Cleaning Day"?

We need a graphic artist to come up with a flier for us to send to local media sources. Anyone want to take a lick at it? @Desk Jockey Chavez?

Next step will be for us to contact our local distributors and see if they will keep track of charitable organizations in need of cleaning.

Women's shelters, SPCA, private animal relocators, churches, homeless shelters, soup kitchens..etc..

I know in my area the local media has many Facebook pages that I could get the word out on. I think I would call them first and get their permission to post the vent on their pages.

If you're interested in participating please let you supplier of choice know about this asap...

Thanks Willy!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Next step will be for us to contact our local distributors and see if they will keep track of charitable organizations in need of cleaning.
Women's shelters, SPCA, private animal relocators, churches, homeless shelters, soup kitchens..etc..

I think I'm going to pull a Will S. and ask for people to recommend a charity(or other) on FB.

Seems like a no brainier.

Reactions: Mikey P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here! I've got a few things to talk to you about and I'll call you this afternoon Mikey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I wouldn't want to make a big deal out of it. In fact I don't want the exposure. You'd be subject to judging, some will appreciate what you do but others might not think you're doing enough.
Besides we do it because it's the right thing to do. Not for any credit!

True, but.....

If I can non nonchalantly get clients to nominate charities or just someone down on their luck for cleaning that certainly can't hurt. Just another reason/chance to "get in front of them".

Heck, send out some postcards late Jan/early Feb. driving people to FB....
hmmmmmm....

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I can try to make a flier. I'm not bad in Photoshop. Send me a description and info and I will take a stab at it. It needs a better name than National Carpet Cleaning Day, though. Something catchy. Something like Cleaning for Charity, but better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom