February 22nd It Is!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Awesomeness! Sweeeet facebook page! Now I just got to figure out how to post from elsewhere than my undercover evergreens account.....

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm going to see if I can get a few other suppliers to put up the flier / and /or notification regarding the date and stuff. Any of you that can - DO IT!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Post on the FB page and promote the event on your page and site

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: J Scott W

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I had my walk through and meeting with the director of The Haven today!
First of all, it was a huge stroll through memory lane walking through that house, I was tearing up as we were discussing what that program had and continues to do for me. I havent been there for years and it hasn't changed at all other than the people. This was a huge confirmation to me that they really need my help. The house is in disrepair and unbelievably outdated because everything they do is strictly through donations. It saddens me because this place has saved many lives and turned the worst of the worst into productive, and caring people, returned them to their families and their communities a happy, healthy, drug free mother, father, daughter or son.
Many people come to this program fresh out of prison with no family to bring them clothes or anything, they rely solely on donations.
I am going to make this a yearly event and I will not only be cleaning the Haven, which has 10 bedrooms, 3 meeting rooms, and 4 offices but I will be cleaning the Moms house which is the same size the following week.
I'm feeling really good about this!!!!

Reactions: J Scott W and Josh

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is there a template to copy and paste, other than this one? Do we have to go through Interlink, or the FB page? I want control on who I clean for.

For health reasons.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Is there a template to copy and paste, other than this one? Do we have to go through Interlink, or the FB page? I want control on who I clean for.

For health reasons.

There is no restriction on doing good for others.

You are free to find whatever organization or person you want to work with. The Cleaners Giving Back Facebook page and Interlink stores are just there to help match people up if you don't have someone in mind to clean for.

We would love to hear about what you did by a post on either Facebook page. Pictures of the job will get you a gallon of free chemical, but I know no one is doing this just to get a gallon of prespray. We think knowing what happened this year and photos will be useful to help promote a simialr event next year and in years to come.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
So, it was suggested by Keith to do a February 22nd donate your services day. Good start. Usually, nobody is that busy and donating our time and expertise shouldn't be that much of an issue. Find a local charity or people that normally couldn't afford us, your church, a homeless shelter, a food bank....... you get my drift. It's a small thing to give back a bit to an industry that's been very good to most of us- and good karma as well.

DO IT!!!!

View attachment 11940

So, if I post this ad on my FB page, will Interlink contact me? Do they have my info? Just catching up.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
So, if I post this ad on my FB page, will Interlink contact me? Do they have my info? Just catching up.

No Interlink is not watching everyone's Facebook page or reading your email or tapping your phone calls. You have to tell us. Either your local store or let me know. After the job, you can send me photos or send them to your local Interlink or just tell me you have posted them and let me know where.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Confirmed mine today too...and they are running a fundraising event tomorrow we usually donate to with coupons to auction off....

Today, I popped in and said "How about if we make this a larger donation this time, and also help get your message out even more too of the great things you do"

Showed them the info here on Mikey's Board and what about via my phone....

This place is a good thing...and good people....

Excited to be able to help out as we really do love our little community here in theNorthwoods :)

http://stopdomesticabuse.org/

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting, I have approached several charities in my neighborhood, they all expressed interest, haven't heard back from any of them. I have one that has to do with returning veterans (those with injuries) that sounds promising. Might not happen right on the 22nd but am working on it. I can sell carpet cleaning faster than I can give it away.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
It's really quite surprising.
The Haven director was so happy and there was no way she wasn't letting this get by! I wish I could do more than clean the carpets they are greatly in need of so much. I'm going to see if a pastor friend will organize a clothing drive for them and I've got a friend who has a remodeling company so I'm going to see if he'd be interested in doing something as well. The bathrooms are horrific and and I'd like to find a way to get them fixed up one by one. :eekk:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Interesting, I have approached several charities in my neighborhood, they all expressed interest, haven't heard back from any of them. I have one that has to do with returning veterans (those with injuries) that sounds promising. Might not happen right on the 22nd but am working on it. I can sell carpet cleaning faster than I can give it away.

The phone rang the day I booked it in and it was them asking for references - my first reaction was being a bit pissed off. I had them call a supplier that knows me well, refers me for all the floor stuff they get asked about, and I had managed to get to donate the wax and stripper.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I can understand them wanting references. There is so much shady stuff going on these days they need to be careful.

• Wow
Reactions: Willy P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom