Extech 8 in 1 meter

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
OE-MO290-EA.jpg

This sells for $400 @ Jondon's.

More info on the meter on Extech's site.

http://www.extech.com/instruments/product.asp?catid=63&prodid=518

These are the features.

•Measure humidity, air temperature with built-in probe plus non-contact InfraRed Temperature
•Pinless moisture sensor allows to monitor moisture in wood and other building materials with no surface damage
•Optional remote pin-type probe (MO290-P) allows for contact moisture readings (3ft/0.9m cable length) (included)
•Select from multiple wood types and measurement ranges
•Easy to read, large dual display with backlit feature
•Simultaneously displays % moisture of wood or material being tested and air temperature, IR temperature, or humidity
•Pinless measurement depth to 0.75" (19mm) below the surface
•Non-Contact InfraRed Thermometer with 8:1 distance to spot ratio and 0.95 fixed emissivity
•Built-in Humidity/Temperature probe measures relative humidity, air temperature plus grains per pound (GPP), dew point (DP), and vapor pressure
•Programmable high/low moisture and humidity alarms
•Automatic calculation of differential Temperature (IR - DP) to determine condensation point

Can this work as good or better than say a standalone:

Thermo-Hygrometer w/ gpp
Extech Hi Temperature Infrared
Tramex Moisture Encounter Plus
Penetrating moisture meter

I was talking to Lee and Steven before about meters...and Lee said that he was told that the all in one meters take longer for the results than the standalones do. This is a new item out i believe so i just wanted to see if they are any different now or work faster and can replace those 4 standalones described above.

Thanks Lee and Steven for your help too.

Bill

Name
Al
I too have tried all the multi-purpose tools and have found them to be just to hard to use. One of my instructors told me once he wanted two buttons, on and off. All my techs have gone back to single measurement tools and happy about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have half a dozen of "the one meter does it all" and have one tech that loves it, the others use individual meters.

I think you could get use to it, but like anything that claims to do it all you make sacrifices in other areas.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom